Chapter 25

After ice skating for a little while longer, we decided to head out to Panera to grab some lunch with the rest of the guys. Connor and I would drive together while Kian, Sam, and Trevor drove in Kian's car. Ricky and Jc planned to meet us there when they were done filming. As Connor and I got in the car, Trevor popped up from behind my window and kissed the window, making his lips look giant. I couldn't control my laughter and I was basically peeing myself. Connor giggled for a minute but then kept telling Trevor to cut it out. It was kind of funny seeing Connor get over protective... Which was bad because it made me laugh even harder. As Connor turned on the radio and was about to pull out, Trevor opened the back door. He peeped in really quick and spat out, "But the dark side on iTunes and play that Con", and then slammed the door and ran to Kian's car giggling. Connor and I looked at each other... And before we knew it were bursting into laughter. "Trevor's an interesting one..." I said. "He's the glue of the group... Keeps us all together," Connor said, smiling. "That's sweet," I said, "that you don't act like he's so much younger. You just kinda act like he's one of you guys. That's really sweet". I waited for a moment for Connor to respond, but it never came. He just kind of looked at me for a minute, saying nothing. Then, peck! I just sort of popped up and gave him a peck on the cheek. Someone had to break the silence, right?! He blushed... A lot. It was kind of adorable actually. He slipped the keys in and started pulling out. As we pulled out of the parking lot, he slipped his fingers in between mine. His hands were so soft and warm.. I couldn't help but smile so wide. That moment just seemed perfect. Every moment I spent with him seemed perfect. Suddenly, Connor's hand tensed up and he pulled it away tentatively. I looked at him, confused. He had a look of pure shock, confusion, and panic on his face. "Connor," I said, "what's wrong?!". He blew past a stop sign, looking down at his feet and hitting the brake with his foot repeatedly and in a panic. "The brake," he said as sweat dripped down his face, "it's stuck! It's not working!". I looked at him and could see pure terror in his eyes. Those normal, beautiful green eyes of his were replaced by pure black. His hands shook as we blew right through a red light. "Connor!" I said screaming. He grabbed my hand as we intertwined our fingers together. Both of our hands shook harder than ever before. "Sam, I love-" he said, but was cut off as our car skidded straight through a red light into another car.

As I opened my eyes, everything was a haze. I looked to my left and saw Connor with his eyes closed, blood smeared all over his body. Glass was shattered everywhere, the car crushed close to us. I examined myself, blood all over me too. I look under the brake, the thing that caused all of this. I saw a faint glint of white and bent over to take a look at it. It was a piece of paper. I ripped it off the brake and looked at Connor. I kissed his blood soaked cheek, pain searing through all of my body. Everything was spinning around me and getting hazier by the second. I looked down at the note in my shaking hand. Written in black ink was, "Surprise. -Brian". And that was the last thing I saw before I went unconscious.

{Hi everyone! It's the author Sam here! I can't explain into words how sorry I am for not updating in a crazy amount of time.... I'm currently in the middle of 2 theatre production, 4 singing and band contests to prepare for, all honors classes, lessons for guitar and singing, and so much more. I honestly can't even explain how busy I am and I am so gratefully sorry. But, I hopefully made it up to you by having a little twist in this chapter... Only people will get the note if you've read the whole book up to this point so if you don't know Brian, go read! I will TRY to post more chapters as frequently as possible! Stay Frantastic!}