20

"Ate Lysa, Kuya! Alis muna ko. I'll be meeting some old friend." Sumigaw ako mula sa may sala namin.

"Take care, bunso! Say hi to him for me." Kuya shouted back. I guess that's a 'yes, you can go' kaya lumabas na ko. Pero napatigil ako nang biglang lumabas si Kuya. May hinagis sya sakin. Pag tingin ko, car key. "I don't want you to take the bus."

"Thanks, I missed using Mushy na din eh." Nagsmile sya tapos nagnod at pumasok na sa bahay. Kaya naman naglakad ako papunta sa Mustang GT na pinakalumang sasakyan sa garage namin. Eto yung lagi kong ginagamit kapag nandito ako. Eto ang unang race car ko kaya ayokong itapon na lang 'to basta.

Nagdrive ako all the way from our house to Cha Cha Cha Resto. This is where we used to date before. I reached the place in no time. I smiled upon seeing the place.

"Wala pa din pinagbabago. Still looks the same." I told myself and entered the place. I looked around to see my old friend and someone waved at me. I examined his face. His hair, his height, the way he wave. That's him.

"Donna, here!" I heard him shout. Hindi pa din sya nagbabago. He still acts like he owns the place. Well, that's just him. I shook my head and walked towards him.

"Hey." I gave him a friendly peck on his cheek.

"Have a seat." We both sat down. "How's everything going? Haven't seen you for almost..."

"3 years tomorrow." I smiled at him.

"Yeah, almost 3 years na pala." I nodded. "So, how're you? How's life in Manila?" He called the waiter and we ordered our foods.

"Hmm. Good. I guess. Everything's going smooth in there." I answered after we order.

"How... how's your..." I didn't let him finish. I already know what he's talking about.

"It's good. There's this guy, he's uhh... nice, funny, lovable."

"Really? T-that's good to hear. Is he your boyfriend?" I nodded. He gave me a smile. A disappointed one. "Donna... I'm sorry for what being a douche bag, a jerk, an asshole. I am really, really sorry. I'm hoping you'd take me back but I guess, it's too late now. You still hate me... I guess you do." I held his hand and smiled at him.

"Listen, you have hurt me and I hated you. But that was years ago. We're still young back then."

"But you chose to leave and stay in the Philippines. And you never came back."

"That's why I am here right now. I came back. I'm here in front of you." I smiled and the restaurant server served our food.

"Are you gonna stay here for good? Are you coming back to me?" He asked as his face lightened up.

I sighed before finally saying this. "I came back here because I am ready to forgive you and start my life again. We can start a new life, right?" He smiled and nodded. "We can start as friends. I realized that whatever happened to us in the past is just something worth remembering but it's something that's not worth to keep avoiding me from being happy. It's something I should look to as a lesson, something that made me who I am right now." I paused and drank my juice.