Prologue

"Manik, Open it!" shouted Cabir for the nth time.

"No, I won't. I don't care anymore." I said with absolute firmness in my voice.

"Really? Then fine, throw that laptop of hers from this 20th floor! Throw it down the window." He said snatching the laptop from my hands.

"Cabir! Stop it!" I got up from my seat and snatched it back and sat down again.

"Either leave it or open it and read what she wrote!" He screamed at me.

"Why? Why should I? I don't care! She left me!" I forced those words out of my mouth.

"Exactly! And why? You might find out in that.." he pointed towards the laptop I had been holding tight.

"Okay, throw this." I pushed the laptop onto the table to his side and looked away, outside the big window of my office cabin.

"Manik, just give it a CHANCE! You love her man, I know it! Hell even you know it! You've doing what you've always done, not listening to anyone!"

"What do you want me to do!?" I shouted.

He blinked a few times to my face and giving a hopeless sigh got up from his place, "Nothing. There's nothing you can do." He started to walk away when I heard him mumble something that sounded like "always been the cause of your own problems"

"No wait!" I demanded and marched up to him, "what do you want me to do, huh!?"

"Do nothing Manik! Be like this! Just be what you have become! Forget what she made you! Forget that she made you a better person, that she got you to face the REALITY! Forget that what you were while you were with her and do what you have always been doing.. RUN." He gritted the last word while looking me straight in the eye. He was the only person who could do that to me besides her. The only one who would look me in the eye and talk back at me and he used his advantages very precisely.

"I'm not running!"

"Yeah? You are running Manik. You've never tried chasing her but run away from the fact that she left you. Have you wondered why she left? I am sure thousands of times but have you done anything to calm that wonder storm inside you!? N-"

"Now seriously!" I cut him in the middle as his words hit my brain, "YOU, CABIR DHAWAN, out of all the people, YOU do not fucking get to say that!" I pointed at his face as fury took over me, "You know I chased her. You know what I went through. You know how badly I chased her. Looked for her. EVERYWHERE! I went from place to place for one whole month and I didn't find her anywhere! When I asked her best friend, she refused to tell me anything! NANDINI doesn't want to be found! Hell if she did Navya would have told me something!" I breathe.

I tried finding her.. I tried chasing her but she was this dream. This one dream that was gone when I woke up. Gone when she woke me up.

"How do you know she doesn't want to be found?"

"Because she left no clue! Nothing!" I growled in anger.

"You have her fucking laptop!" He reminded me.

I stopped the words that were to come out from my mouth. I had her laptop. Two months later, I have something she left behind.

"You were a different person with her.. A different Manik. Someone who I always knew existed. She brought that someone out." He placed his hand over my shoulder.

A different Manik.

I had given my all to her. A person who hated even the idea of love, a person who just wanted women at night, a person who didn't think of anything else but himself, was changed. A selfish, self centered, manipulative, dominating man (well at least that is what she had called me once) was gone. That person was no more there, she had me changed. A 360 degree turn in my life and here I am, caring, thinking, loving, wanting no one but her! Ugh! Nandini Murthy!