Chapter One

• Dedicated to all the beautiful Curvy women in the world

At any moment the files could have slipped out of her arms. Skye Mason walked through the hallway. In fact, she had too many files to try and keep under control. Most of the time was spent trying to stop them from escaping her grasp. Her eyes were downcast since she didn't want to make eye contact with anybody else who might have passed her.

People could be crueller as adults than they had been in high school. Working for one of the richest men in the country and probably even the world had its good things but also sadly bad things. Technically, he was like her boss', boss', boss', boss, or something like that. Frost Empire was a company that had its fingers in all sorts of pies. Anything from mining, shipping, technology, entertainment, the stock market and so many other things.

Skye was just an ant in the company. Lost in the hundreds of and just a number. Her place was at the bottom of the totem pole. Working in the mailroom. She always hoped she might move up eventually.

Days were boring and all the same. They comprised of just delivering everybody's male to all the different floors of Frost Tower. The headquarters of the empire. One of the many skyscrapers that litter the city skyline.

Shy and quiet would have been the best words to describe Skye. Someone who wasn't noticed by others. Not being model thin like so many other women in the building, did have its downfalls. Guys only noticed those women and chased after them. No one would have ever chased after her or even taken a second glance at her.

She was just the girl with the curvy hourglass figure. She had ample curves and didn't care that she wasn't a size 0. Skye was happy within herself and embraced her figure. You've got to love yourself first before anybody else could. But that didn't stop other people around the building saying rude comments. She didn't let them eat at her.

The shining silver doors of the elevator came into view as she turned a corner. No one was around, which made her sigh with relief. She reached the doors and pressed the button to command it to stop at this floor. But her relief at having no one there was short lived, as a couple idiots from marketing came up behind her. This was not her rodeo with these men. They chased any skirt but hers. Anyway, she wouldn't want these jerks. Probably got pencil dicks. She smirked at that thought.

Skye just kept her eyes ahead and didn't acknowledge them. The doors opened with a soft ding. When she stepped in, she realised there was someone else already in the elevator. She flicked her eyes over her shoulder to see how many jerks she would be stuck within the confined space. Her eyes widen when her eyes collided with none other than the CEO and owner of Forst Empire Inc.

Hunter Frost in the flesh. Oh god. Oh god. That became her mantra as she subtly moved to the back of the elevator. She resisted looking at the Adonis of a man, who was so close, she could touch him. The other men acknowledge him and were basically panting for his attention. While she just wanted to disappear into the wall.

Skye tucked one of her dark chocolate curls behind her ear. One thing she was happy about was that she hadn't spilt anything on her clothes that day. Being a bit clumsy sometimes was not fun. Hell, she was clumsy all the time. She wore black ballet flats, black stockings, a black pencil skirt that went to knees and a deep rich crimson ruffled sleeveless shirt. Her milky white arms were showing. Tanning was something she could never achieve.

Flicking her eyes over to Mr Frost, she saw that he had a nice sun-kissed tan. Golden and warm. Natural looking also, as if he was always outside in the sun without clothes on. Those thoughts brought a blush to her cheeks. Shaking the thoughts from her head as she realised someone was watching her.

Eyes that penetrated her and made her feel no better than prey. They touched all over her body, from head to toe. She looked up from under her lashes. The second she did her green eyes were captured by smouldering amber eyes, ones that made her heart start to race.