Chapter Sixteen

• Dedicated to all the beautiful curvy women in the world.

Waking in the morning to the phone ringing made Skye growl and groan as she felt the warmth of sun drifting over them. Hunt growled and still half asleep reached for his mobile. He answered it. Skye listened to him.

"Hello."

"Morning Hunter." Remy said

"Too early for that." Hunt said as he kissed Skye's head.

Remy laughed. "Yeah it is but you weren't the one who was woken at the crack of dawn this morning."

"No I wasn't I guess. Why were you?"

"I got a call from Clayton."

Just that name made Hunter sit up. Skye looked at him. She could sense something was wrong because his emotions gave that off.

"What happened?"

"Is Skye there with you?" Remy asked

"Yes."

"This concerns her also."

Skye reached out and touched his shoulder as he pressed speaker phone. She never heard of Clayton before. Who is he?

"What happened?" Hunter repeated.

"Luna I'm sorry to give you this news especially because of recent events but you need to know."

"Need to know what?"

"Clayton Williams is an enforcer in our pack and he is also serving at the moment in the Seals," he said. Skye was still confused about what this has to do with her. "He actually serves with your brother."

"Really?"

"Yes Luna. I'm sorry to tell you this but your brother has been injured." Remy said

Tears came to her eyes. "No." She shook her head as Hunt wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry Luna but the injury is fatal."

"His not dead. He can't be." Tears fell down her cheeks as she rocked herself.

"Not yet but he will pass within the next couple hours. He is holding on and fighting but there is nothing the humans can do for him other then keep the pain away."

"Please no. He is the only family I have. The only one who has truly loved and cared about me."

"I'm sorry my mate." Hunt whispered against her head.

"Isn't there something we can do?" She asked

"There is. Hunter, Clay as asked if he could turn Jack. He wants to try. He knows it might not work but he is positive that Jack is strong enough to survive being bitten. We both know that it's hard to turn someone who isn't a mate but Clay feels like Jack as a wolf in him somewhere." Remy said

Skye looked to Hunt. He looked like he was thinking about it.

"Please Hunt. If it doesn't work at least we tried to save him." Skye said

Hunt kisses her cheeks.

"Of course he can. I give him full permission to turn him. He will be pack." Hunt said

"Thank you." Skye whispered as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"I will tell him. I will be around soon to check on you Skye. Clay will do everything in his power to save your brother. I know that."

"Thank you Remy." Skye said

Hunt hangs up and hugs his mate. Her heart is aching. He can feel it through their bond. Skye doesn't want to lose her brother. He was such a force of nature and she can't believe that he could be dying.