Chapter Twelve

• Dedicated to all the beautiful curvy women of the world.

Darkness surround her and holding her within it. Lost in a maze of cement walls. No way out and Skye doesn't even know how she got here. This isn't just an ordinary maze she is lost in. No this place is a prison cell. Somewhere to hold her against her will. Magic is holding her. With everything that has changed into her life lately she now believes in the impossible and this place is exactly that.

She places her hand on the slightly rounded belly that wasn't there days or hours ago. She doesn't know how long she has been here. Something or someone is making the life inside her grow quicker. Tears fall down her cheeks.

"Your daddy will come for us little one. He will find us." She can feel the agony that he is feeling. The emotions that he is going through because she was kidnapped. She reaches through the bond to him but he can't feel her.

"He won't find you."

She turned a faced the voice behind her. The wall that had been there disappeared. A lantern appears and glows the space around them. There stood the man who stole her from her home. Those cold eyes watching her as he leaned against a wall casually.

"He will." She growled at him. He just smirked. "Where am I? Why am I here? What do you want?"

He pushes off the wall. "I'm not the one who is keeping you here. I'm not who wants you."

She never took her eyes off him as she watched him. She is in her anthro form. She won't leave it. The strongest of her forms. The one she has a fighting chance in.

"Then who do you work for."

"I can't reveal my cards yet Skye. We are still playing the game."

What game? She looks at him curiously. "Who are you?"

He smirks. "Balthazar de Lore at your service." He bowed gracefully for someone so built but he never took those eyes of Skye. Standing up straight and moving a little closer to her.

"Why? Why me? Is this because of my mate? To get back at him or something like that. Can you tell me that at least?"

He sighs and crosses his arms. "I can't tell you the full details. Let's just say it probably does and then probably doesn't."

Skye felt so angry with not getting any answers. She growls and shakes her head. She wants to kill him but she knows she act rashly. She has to think this through. Make a plan not just attack because that might not even get her out of the maze.

"Who is doing this to my body?" She flashed her eyes down at her stomach.

He eyes looks at her stomach. She saw emotions flash through his eyes but he looks away quickly.

"Let me guess you can't tell me, yet."

"That's right but the person who is doing that is also the one who controls this." He waves his hand around them.

"How are you here?"

"I have my own ways of getting around the magic and not getting caught. Let's just say all this is child's play compare to what I can really do."

"You're a werewolf."

He nods. "Yes I am."

"I guess you wouldn't help me out of here."

He laughs. "Skye at the moment this is where you need to be. If I were to help you out here," He is pacing but stops and looks at me. "Now then all the players on the chess board wouldn't be there. We are missing a few important pieces."

The whole chess analogy did not ease Skye. It actually made her more nervous. "Am I one of the Queens?"

 "An A+ for the student." He claps his hands. "You my beautiful Luna are the White Queen on this chess board."