Chapter Fourteen

• Dedicated to all the beautiful curvy women in the world.

Skye watched, as the darkness of the maze became a room. Not a room but a cell. Stone walls and a small window at roof height with bars. Then she saw the door to her left, just as she heard yelling above her. 

Moving towards the door, as she got closer the door slammed open. Breaking to pieces when it collided with the stone wall. She turned her back as it broke. Once she heard it all fall to the ground, she looked over her shoulder.

"Balthazar." She said

He smiled at her and held his hand out to her. "Come on Queenie, let's blow this popsicle stand!"  

Skye didn't know if he was mad or serious. 

"Why should I go with you?" 

"Because nasty old bitch is on her way and you just have to trust me." He said, as his mismatched eyes looked straight at her. "Have I've given you any reason yet to doubt me." 

She looked at him and then looked down at her stomach. Ran her fingers over it. Always felt calm around him which should have been weird. She knew that she shouldn't have felt like that but something made her trust him. Her gut told her to. 

"Come on Queenie we don't have all day." 

Reached her hand out as she walked to him. He grasped it once she was in distance and then they were off. They looked to be in the basement of the building actually the dudgeon going by the whole look of the place. He led the way through the maze of hallways. She heard the angry scream echo through the hallways. She looked over her shoulder. Clarissa knows she isn't being held anymore.  

"Don't look back." Balthazar said

"She sounds piss." 

He snorted. "Of course she is. Her little plan is falling to pieces." 

"Where we going?" She asked as they reached stairs. 

"Where going to go find the rescue party and you're going to protect my butt from them." He said as they ran up the stairs.

"Why would I need to protect you?" 

"You surely do ask a lot of questions." He muttered under his breath as he pushed his body against the door. "Because Queenie, they are going to want to kill me."

"Are they killing the other werewolves? The ones under the spell because they don't deserve that. They don't know what they are doing." She said as he kept forcing his shoulder against the door.

"No they aren't. They are knocking them out."

"Then why would they kill you." She said

He sighed and looked at her. "Obviously I'm not under the spell and they will know that. Plus there might be a bit of history with our rescuers." He went back to forcing himself against the door. "What the fuck is this?" He growled. 

"History?" She asked

He rolled his eyes just as he cracked through the door. She heard that screaming again. Balthazar pulled her through the door. She gasped when she was spun to be in front of him and a sword was being held to her throat. Okay this wasn't good.

Three tall hooded figures stood in front of her. All holding swords straight at her and if she is not mistaken they all have guns holsters on their chest. She couldn't make out there faces but they were all built well by the looks of it. 

"Hi." She said

Silence reign supreme as they stood there. Then the floor started to quiver under her feet. She looked over her shoulder at Balthazar.