The horror begins

Chapter 1

I arrived home after a grueling day at school in which I had tried my best to complete the huge stack of homework I had been assigned by my professor. I peered at my phone to check the time but noticed that I had received over 100 texts from friends at school. As much as I wanted to respond I knew if I didn't start my work now I would never finish my it and as a my parents would ground me for another eternity. I said hello to my mum and she grunted back from the kitchen as she prepared another mundane dinner for my dad and I. While dragging myself up the stairs, my phone began chiming. I pulled it out of my pocket and noticed a call from Dad. I decided to ignore it, I wasn't prepared for another lecture from him. I threw my bag on the floor and slumped onto my bed. Ah my bed, the only thing that would never leave me in my life. I stared into the ceiling as my head sunk into my sheets and pillows, and my eyes became transfixed with the cluster of insects surrounding my lightbulb. My head tilted to the side as the heads of the insects began to multiply and their teeth began to emerge. All too soon the scene of my bedroom shifted into a familiar nightmare.

 " Shit" I swore out loud. Normally my parents would have scolded me for that, but no one could hear me in this landscape of horrors. The scene morphed from the blackness that I was standing in, into the terrifyingly familiar stone clad alleyway, damp and wet. So dimly lit I could barely see a thing. Until the creature showed itself. The ground shook with every step it took. The menacing shadow appeared and cloaked the wall with a eerily demonic figure. I whirled around and began to sprint, although I kept on telling myself that It was just a dream, it felt so real and the dreamscape adrenaline kicked in. My senses heightened and I sped down the slippery stone corridors. No matter how fast I ran, It seemed to run faster. The creature produced a flame from somewhere along its contorted body that only narrowly missed my thighs. Sweat began to accumulate on my brow. Suddenly my body froze as the creature began to speak. 

"You are mine Jack" He bellowed in a raw, husky, ferocious voice "You have never been free nor will you ever be" He continued. I opened my mouth to speak but I physically could not. The creature began to cackle in a menacing tone as it opened its mouth and spewed flames onto my prepared body.

The dream abruptly ended as I was violently shaken awake by my extremely furious and red faced father. He ripped me out of my bed. A huge sweat patch was left imprinted on the mattress. My father grabbed my face and forced me to make eye contact with him. " Don't ignore my calls son" He shouted 

"Your mother has been cooking dinner for us all afternoon and you are going to come down and ENJOY IT!" He ended and told me to get changed and wash up for dinner. I put new clothes on and furiously washed my hands. I stomped down stairs and found my mother had set the table and laid the roast out for me. 

"Nice of you to join us" She said. Most likely to make me feel guilty for falling asleep. As I sat down I decided to conjure up a fake apology for my parents to make then feel better. As I opened my mouth to apologize I was interrupted with a extremely loud noise outside our house. My father immediately stood, with an emotionless expression on his face and uttered

 "I'll take care of this" I was confused at his response since mum and seemed slightly more concerned at the noise. He pushed his chair aside and moved towards the entrance of the house, dragging his feet as he went. At this point noticed there was definitely something wrong with dad. Another large bang appeared again, although this time it shook the house and my mother let out a small squeak. My father reached the doorway and opened the door. He then proceeded to howl into the night. My mother and I stood there in shock. Was this a joke or had he finally gone insane. My mother was the first to speak up

 "Richard, what is the matter with you, we have neighbours who do not care to know why you are howling like a maniac!" He continued to bellow, only growing louder.

 "Richard!" She yelled, this time with a more demanding tone. He turned to look mum straight in the face, but his face was not what it was a few moments ago. It appeared as though pieces of skin was peeling off his face. Mum screamed "Richard what is wrong with you!" He grinned 

" I'm awaking, you filthy mortal, the demon overlords have chosen me!" He abruptly sprinted down the hallway and tackled my mother to the ground "Now I will free you of your mortal body" He screamed with a sickening smile. He raised his hands, although they had changed even more, they had managed to sprout sharp looking claws from the nails. He prepared to strike my mother but before he could follow through another huge blast interrupted us all. Followed by more, they seemed to be coming quicker now. And before I could react I saw a car flying towards the front of our house. I ducked for cover and screamed as the car slammed into the front of the house. Pieces of rubble shot through the entrance and one placed itself with my head.  

Note: To any new readers, Im heavily editing. This is a remastered chapter. Ilysm all who read!!