Getting Comfortable

'You have showers?' Lythia asked, changing the subject, sensing her own body odor.

'yeah they're in the homestead, I'll show you. I was waiting for you to ask that' he chuckled, and held his nose cheekily.

***

They'd gotten to the homestead and Chuck walked her up two flights of stairs.

'I'll wait outside and stand guard' he said to her.

'stand guard?' she questioned.

'Yeah.. Lythia, you're a girl. Naked. In the showers. A lot of boys around here haven't seen that in a long time' he raised his eyebrows, emphasising the word 'long'.

Lythia raised her own eyebows in defeat, realising this 11 year old was more smarter and mature than she thought.

'Gally left you some clothes on the back of the door. '

The room was like prison showers. Rows of shower heads and bland white tiles, most of them cracked or broken. 5 bars of soap sat on a shelf near the door, used of course. She chose the shower 3 blocks down from the door. The clothes were sure enough hung up in the back of the door, like chuck said.

First Gally made sure I had food and water, now fresh clothes? Well, as fresh as used ripped clothes can be. Only 24 hours ago he had her locked up and almost crushed his face with his fingers. She wondered what was going on.

She stripped off her dirty clothes, turning on the rusted tap.  She stood directly underneath, and was cascaded by icy cold water. Great. she thought.  Water, but no hot water. Gotta make this quick.

She rubbed her small hands with the soap and lathered it on her body, which she took the time to look at. There was no mirrors in this place and she only knew what newt and Minho had told her about myself. Average height, black long hair. That's all she knew. She looked quite slim. Her chest was an average size. She thought her butt seemed cute. She washed her hair and face.

being in a shower gave her time to think. She realised she was in a prison. A prison with a maze as my only means of escape, surrounded by boys. At what expense? She thought it was quite humerus in a sick way. It just didn't seem real. 

She thought, maybe they're all just robots or something.
Are they guineapigs? In a human test lab??
What was so different about her that made everyone stare?

Which reminded her. Gallys expression when he looked at her that night she was in the slammer. She'd have went through reasons in her head but she knew that in here, so far anything seemed possible. So she didn't bother. The boy was just confusing that's all.

'Come on you're taking forever!' Chuck shouted through the door. She rolled her eyes and turned off the tap, drying herself with a towel which was hung up next to her. She put on my new clothes, which were basically the same as the old ones, just less sweatier.

Then she picked up her dirty ones, walking toward the door when something fell from them. She looked back. A piece of paper was scrumpled on the tiled floor. 

She picked it up.

In smudged writing read the words:

PUT HER TO GOOD USE.SHES THE
LAST ONE. EVER.

Good use?

What's that's supposed to mean?

She scrumpled the note back up and stuffed it back in her pocket. She didn't want to be scrutinized and thrown back in the slammer from suspicion, especially when Gally was just beginning to be nice to her.

'She's in there?' A familiar voice suddenly spoke from behind the door. Not chucks. Gallys. 'Yeah. And her name is Lythia.' Chuck replied.

'Keep your damn voice down. Is she okay? She's not upset or anything?' He said in a hushed tone.

'Yeah I think. Why you so bothered Gally? Anyone else and you wouldn't care if they were dead or alive' chuck answered.

'Just show her the sleeping arrangements. There's a bed been cleared for her. I wasn't here okay shank? Don't open your mouth about me' were the last words before footsteps trailed off.

She stood for a few seconds, knowing Chuck was right. What's it to him wether she's upset or not? She opened the door.

'Hello. You done?' Chuck said, in a cool calm voice. 'Yeah' I replied, the water from her wet hair dripping down her back.

That loud rumbling sounded again.

'The walls are closing' chuck said to himself.
'Come on, I'll show you where we sleep' he said, beckoning her up the stairs.

Down the stairs, they came to a large room, big enough to fit every glader in.

Chuck took her to the far corner. 'This is your bed.'

It was low and looked uncomfortable to say the least. It had one thin sheet and a hard looking pillow. But at least it was a single. Most of them were rickety bunk beds and looked extremely fragile.

'We don't usually sleep in here. Some of us like to sleep outside. Under the trees. There's some hammocks around as well, but the runners usually have first pick of those' he sighed. Tiredness washed over Lythia.

The floorboards creaked behind them which made Lythia spin around in shock. It was Gally, leaning against the frame of the door. His eyes quickly seared up and down Lythia and she looked away with intimidation.

'Chuck. Frypan needs help with the supper.' he told him.

'yeah, yeah' Chuck repied, rolling his eyes. He walked out the room.

Gally still stood Lythia having no choice but to stand there too. She couldn't shake of the peculiar feeling that sat inside of her at the pit of her stomach. She suddenly felt mischievous, wondering how Gally would react next.

'why don't you just do it yourself? instead of getting Chuck to do it for you?' she asked.

'what?' gally gulped, trying to keep his cool.

'I heard you outside the showers. Why get Chuck to take care of me, when you seem to want to do it yourself?' she explained.

He shifted his position against the doorframe to a more steady stance.

'are you coming for supper or what?' he changed the subject, that miserable tone washing over his voice, that only just now Lythia noticed he didn't have a second ago.

'I'm just gonna sleep' she replied.

For a moment, she had a thought. She didn't want to be alone, thinking back to what Chuck said in the showers, yet Chuck couldn't do much to protect her, and seen as Gally wouldn't explain himself, she decided to press him further, not admitting to herself that what she was about to ask, was actually more about her own personal feelings, in which she didn't know about yet.

'Can you sleep in the homestead with me?'

I sorta wish I wrote this about Thomas now. Idk I feel as if nobody is interested in Gally. DOES ANYONE EVEN READ THIS? nobody even reads my damn story never mind the author notes 😞😞

Im updating every week, even if I don't get reads I know my story will be on here forever 👍🏼

Going for a long shot here, but share this story around, 60!reads ?