Chapter 6

*6/1/13, Christina's P.O.V.*

I cried as I got up and walked to my closet. I grabbed the dress, heels, earrings and my famous angel wings necklace. I walked to the bathroom and turned on the water. I stepped in and cried as I thought about what was to come.

I stepped out and dried myself off. I hooked my red lace bra and slid on red lace panties. I placed my necklaces on my neck and hung the earrings from my ears. I slid the dress on and zipped it up. I grabbed my blow drier and turned it on low. I blow dried my hair which took about 20 minutes. I turned it off and brushed my hair out, then straightened it. I put it up in a hair tie and brushed my teeth. I put on my makeup and grabbed my shoes. I grabbed the clutch off my bed and walked to the door. I sighed, more tears falling from my eyes. I stepped into my heels and walked out to my car. I drove slowly to the bus.

I pulled into the lot and got out of my car. I left it running. I walked up to the door and knocked. A moment later CC answered.

"Hey Crissy...Umm, you ok?" CC asked.

"Ya, I'm fine...Is Andy here?" He nodded, shut the door and a moment later it opened. Andy appeared. He knew something was wrong. His face fell and he knew what was coming.

"Andy, I'm really sorry to do this...But umm...We need to break up." I said. He looked at me, shocked. His face went white. I turned and walked away. I got in my car and sat in it a minute. Tears poured from my eyes and I pulled out of the lot. I drove down the street. I didn't want to go back to my house. Instead I entered onto the expressway.

This was a horrible idea. Now I'm backed up into traffic. My phone rang. It was Jinxx. I wasn't sure if I should answer or not. No. I sent him to voicemail. A few minutes later he called again. I once more sent him to voicemail. Again. This time I just let it ring. 4th time. I sighed and answered.

"What?" I asked coldly. I didn't want to be so mean, but he had called me 4 times.

"Why'd you break up with Andy?" I sighed. How did I answer that? Our relationship was perfect. Any girl with sense wouldn't have broken up with Andy. God I was an idiot...How the hell do I fucking answer this. "Why Crissy. From my point of view, nothing was wrong in your relationship and he loved you. Wanna know what he's doing now? He locked himself in the bunk room and Andy, who rarely ever cries, is crying. I know it makes him sound like a baby, but if one day out of the blue I lost a wonderful girl like you, or in my case, Sammi, I would cry too." I was silent.

The traffic started moving again. Finally. And it was moving quickly. I picked up speed and was going 80 now.

"Hello? Crissy are you there?"

"Ya, I'm here..."

"Where are you?"

"I'm dri-" *CRASH!!!!* The car in front of me stopped abruptly and I slammed into the rear, then another car behind me slammed into me. I jolted forwards and I felt my collar bone break from the seat belt. I heard Jinxx's voice, but I couldn't respond. I had dropped the phone somewhere.

"Hello?!? Crissy?? Are you ok!?!" Then everything went black and I could hear distant sirens.

*Jinxx's POV*

I dialed Crissy's number. It rang. She sent me to voicemail. I called again. Sent me to voice mail. 3rd time it just rang. 4th time she finally answered.

"What?" She broke up with Andy, why is she upset?

"Why'd you break up with Andy? Why Crissy. From my point of view, nothing was wrong in your relationship and he loved you. Wanna know what he's doing now? He locked himself in the bunk room and Andy, who rarely ever cries, is crying. I know it makes him sound like a baby, but if one day out of the blue I lost a wonderful girl like you, or in my case, Sammi, I would cry too." She was silent. After a moment, I heard a low rumbling. It was an engine.

"Hello? Crissy are you there?"

"Ya, I'm here..." She said.

"Where are you?"

"I'm dri-" I heard a screech and a crash and what sounded like glass shattering. Oh my God. Please don't be in a crash, please don't be in a crash.

"Hello?!? Crissy?? Are you ok!?!" I asked. No answer. Oh my God, oh my God. I'm freaking out right now. I was breathing quickly and pacing back and forth. Tears were forming in my eyes. I was freaking out. I felt hands on my shoulders. I turned and saw Jake.

"Dude, what happened??" Jake asked worried.

"I-I was talking to Crissy, and I heard a screech and glass shattering and she's not responding to me. I think she was in a crash. And she was on the express way too." I said. Now tears were pouring from my eyes. I still had the phone up to my ear. I wasn't going to hang up. Then I heard distant, very faint sirens.

About 10 minutes later, everyone was gathered around me, even Andy, and I had the phone on speaker. I heard what sounded like helicopters and metal tearing apart. We had the tv on and we knew it was Chris who was in the crash. It showed it on the news. It was I-85 and it was a 4 car crash. 6/10 people were already pronounced dead, but they weren't saying who. We were praying it was Christina because her car was right in the center of the crash. We watched as the news helicopter circled around it. They were ripping the cars apart, then, after they ripped Crissy's car apart, they pulled out a body. A lifeless body. Bloody and cut. Oh my God.

We heard the phone rustling and a guy's voice.

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Who is this? Do you know the person in this car and how old she might be?"

"This is a close friend of the girl in the crash. Her name is Christina Knight."

"Ok. She is still alive, but barely. She might not make it, but she will be brought to St. Vincent's Hospital." The line went dead and then a voice on the news announced this:

"One of the car crash victims has been identified as 24 year old Christina Knight. This victim is in critical condition and will be brought to St. Vincent's Hospital, along with all the other victims." I turned off the news and we all ran out to my car. We jumped in and I started it and drove as fast as I could without getting caught to the hospital an hour away.

Finally, we pulled into the hospital and ran inside.

"Were's Christina Knight?" I asked.

"I'm sorry sir, she isn't available to have visitors right now. She is in surgery. But you can wait in the visitors area and I'll call you when she's out." The nurse said.

By now, it's been 3 hours. We have all been waiting here 3 fucking hours and plus the hour drive here. That's almost 4 hours in surgery. We were all crying and then a nurse walked by. I jumped up.

"Excuse me sir, is there anything you could tell us about a Christina Knight?" He looked through the papers on his clipboard.

"Umm, yes, she's out of surgery. Has been for an hour. You can see her now, she's in room 333, but be quiet." He said. I nodded and smiled, then as we walked to the room, I glared at the nurse.

We got to the room and I looked in the door way. There she was, lying lifeless. The only noise was the oxygen tank thing and her heart monitor. She had wires and needles stuck in her arms and she was so pale she nearly blended in with the sheets. I stepped in and she opened her eyes just barely. She parted her lips to speak, but nothing came out. This was my fault. If I hadn't been on the phone with her, she would have been focused on the road.