Out

Morgan

"Why do you keep looking around, hm?" She asked as she stared up at him.

Mama T had asked them to go out and grab a few things for her so she could cook dessert for Sunday dinner. Of course they took the opportunity to be alone while the kids were being watched.

But Colin seemed very uncharacteristically paranoid. He kept looking around while they waited for their coffee.

"No reason, just looking I guess." He shrugged.

"Well stop, you look crazy. Is something bothering you? You're not acting like you." He looked down to her and smiled softly.

"I'm fine, stop analyzing me creep." He teased and she hit his chest playfully.

After they got coffee and actually ran the errands they were supposed to be running; they made it back to the house. Of course his mother new what they were up to but she just smirked and thanked them.

They sat around on the couch lounging like they always did; until Greg suggested him, Colin, Knox and Zeek go outside to play basketball and what not. Of course the girls stayed in and drank wine, talking about only God knows what as they sat around.

She gave Darlene to Devon before excusing herself to the bathroom; but something distracted her.

A phone ringing.

She looked around for a moment before she found Colin's phone lit up, sitting on the table by the door. She didn't know if it was something important so she grabbed it; prepared to sprint outside to give it to her husband. That is, until she saw the name.

Unknown.

She had no idea who this person was but apparently it was important because they had called about three times. So she quickly slid the button over to answer, putting it to her ear.

"Babe, why haven't you been answering?" A woman with a sort of weird sounding voice drawled.

"Um, this is Morgan; Colin's wife...may I ask whose calling?" The line went quiet before the voice spoke again.

"Sorry, wrong number." The voice rushed before hanging up.

"Hello? Hello?" No answer was given so she pulled it away from her ear.

Of course she knew Colin's password so she easily unlocked it. Usually she wouldn't go through his phone but she thought she should call the number again. But there was no answer, that or the person was ignoring her.

So she went to his messages to see him and this person had been texting. They had been texting a lot.

The type of texts that a person might send back and forth with their girlfriend. But these were her husband's texts.

I wanna see you again, the other night was a bit crazy and you left too soon. Let's try again X

He texted the person a couple of months ago after they asked what he had been up to:

I've been busy, I didn't forget about you though; I promise. I can't wait to see you...

Text after text; all talking about how they loved seeing each other and missed one another and how they felt. It felt like her heart would jump put of her chest.

She closed everything out and put the phone down before making her way to the bathroom mechanically. She had to get herself together; needed to put on a normal face until she figured this out.

"You were gone for a long time...you okay?" Devon spoke up as she Sar down on the couch again.

"Sorry I had a phone call when I got out." She lied.

"You look a little angry, bad phone call?"

"No, I'm fine. Really." She gave a fake smile before grabbing Darlene in her arms.

Of course her mind was racing. Of course she couldn't get herself to concentrate on anything but those damn texts. Maybe it was really old old texts? Maybe she was blowing all of this out of proportion?

Are you? You and him haven't slept together since a month before Darlene was born. She's three months old. Could you be really blowing this out of proportion?

But she trusted him....didn't she?

**********

She's even more aware of Colin now than she's ever been.

When they get home she couldn't help but to notice how much he was on his phone. The same thoughts ran through her mind over and over again.

Is he texting her? Is he texting her?

And she was undeniably aware of how much he had been going out for the past few weeks. At first she thought it was just cabin fever, what with staying in to take care of the kids but now she was questioning that too.

He helped her get Knox and Darlene bathed before they split up and put them to bed. Of course he took Darlene because she was way easier to put to sleep. But seeing as Knox played outside earlier that day, he did her a favor and fell asleep almost as soon as he laid in bed.

Now it was time to see if her instincts were right.

When she walked into their bedroom she could hear him shuffling around in his closet. She saw his phone on the bed; and in a moment of pure impulse she went and unlocked it.

I can't wait to see you tonight. I'm waiting. ; )

And as if the text confirmed all of her worst fears, her body sort of shook. She put the phone down and moved over to stand at the edge of the closet.

"You going out tonight?"

"Yeah, Greg thought it would be cool to go out and get a few drinks since he doesn't work tomorrow."

So smooth.

"Oh." He came out dressed and smelling good, a smile on his face.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Listen, why don't you stay in tonight? We could hang around, spend some time together. We haven't done that in a while." She wrapped her arms around him loosely.

"This is last minute...Greg might get upset. He was excited about it when we talked."

"Yeah but he'll understand won't he?" He kissed her head.

"How about I go but I come back after an hour or so? Then we can spend time together." He moved her arms and went to grab his phone.

"It's fine...you're right. Go ahead have fun. Don't come back early, I think I'll just catch up on a few things." He nodded before turning to smile at her again.

"I'll see you later okay?" She nodded and watched him leave out the door.

And tell her exactly what she needed to hear; without even saying a word.