Take You Out

Morgan

She's got an attitude.

And not like a small one, but a serious attitude. An attitude that's a force to be reckoned with.

It doesn't have to do with anyone in particular really: mostly just her frustration with herself. Frustration that she's between projects and she can't come up with an idea to save her life.

No designs.

No songs.

Not a single damn thing.

This, in turn, makes her feel a bit out of place because usually her head is swimming with ideas. So many that it makes her head hurt sometimes but still a lot. She's always been a bit confident in her ability to come up with something in the blink of an eye. But designer's/writer's block is killing her.

So naturally, she starts to stress out. And when she stresses out nothing feels right. And when nothing feels right she tends to throw a slight fit.

The baby is spending the weekend with his grandparents. Her and Colin are attending the Espy's and though she was excited about them a couple of weeks ago: now she's irritated. Because nothing seems to be going her way at the current moment as far as herself.

Her makeup doesn't look like she wants it, her boobs sort of hurt and she can't find the shoes that she's supposed to be wearing with her dress. She can't fathom anything that's going on. It feels like she's rushing though it's perfectly early and she has plenty of time, and she can't find her strapless bra that is deathly important for her strapless dress.

Life is a mess right now.

"I don't see what the big deal is, you can wear a different pair of shoes." Colin is still sort of lounging around, moving at a slower pace that's ticking her off a bit. She glares at him when he makes the statement.

"Don't you think if I wanted to wear a different pair I would? I've had this outfit planned for weeks now and all of a sudden the shoes go missing and your ultimate decision it to 'wear a different pair of shoes?' I need to find the ones I wanted to wear." She seethes and he shakes his head.

"It's not that serious. Chill out."

"Don't tell me to chill out, I never tell you to chill out when you're looking for something that's important to you." She looks in her closet for the thousandth time for the gold pumps she wants. Of course they're not there.

She hears some shuffling around and then he comes into the closet to look at her shoes with her.

"Wear those white ones. White dress...white shoes."

"That's not the point." She rolls her eyes before going to find some new undergarments.

She rummaged through her stuff and finds a black lace bra and matching underwear, throwing off her towel and putting them on. Colin has thankfully left her alone and she can lotion herself up in peace.

After she's done that, she makes her way to the bathroom and starts to take out the pins that are holding her hair; setting them aside before starting to pluck her hair out carefully. But the curls don't look right to her and she internally wants to throw herself in front of a moving bus. Colin has finished up his shaving and he's sort of staring at her through the mirror reflection.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"It has to be something." Why was he looking at her?

"It's nothing, really." He resumes whatever he's doing and it adds to her irritation. She leaves out the bathroom, all the while grumbling about how he gets on her nerves sometimes.