Please

Morgan

Since it was close close to the end of the season, Colin had a game that happened on thursday. Though it was a close call; they hadn't won and there was talk of him being placed on the bench while the second string took over.

She knew how important football was to him and these talks had done nothing but stress him out. Ever since he got home that Saturday he had been unusually quiet. Even now that they were over his mother's house visiting; he was the most distant she had ever seen.

She was sat at the counter watching his mother cook and talking to Devon. The baby was hanging out with his grandfather and everything felt out of sorts and in place all at the same time.

"Where's Colin?" Devon spoke up and she shrugged.

"He's a bit beside himself right now. You know how he is...sometimes he needs thinking time."

"We saw what they said about him. I can't believe that's what they think would be somewhat of a good idea. He's one of the best quarterbacks they've had. This is everything to him..."

"I know it's just...he's not taking all the doubt and controversy well right now. It's tearing him up inside."

"Has he tried talking to you?"

"Nope, he's been dead quiet." She didn't think she was use to it being so quiet between them. Ever.

"He'll be fine we just have to support him like we always have." She nodded.

A little later she was heading toward the bathroom when she saw a movement outside. She peeked through the side window by the door to see her husband sat on the front step outside.

She opened the door and stepped out, closing it quietly behind her. He didn't look up until she was sat on the step above his.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Thinking." He sighed.

"About?"

"Don't know."

"Hm, so you're thinking...about nothing. Call me crazy but I'd say you're lying to me."

"I'm not." It got quiet and she realized that he wasn't going to talk about it without some sort of prompt.

"I know you're scared, it's okay to feel that way every now and then."

"I'm not scared."

"Listen, while Colin tells Morgan complete BS: I'd like to talk to my husband." He shakes his head and scoffs.

"He's not here right now." He stands up and starts to walk away but she follows after him. She hurries to walk ahead of him and stop him in his tracks.

"Don't you think I know he isn't here right now?" She speaks up and he looks away from her. "If there's one thing that I know? It's me and you. You know how you always say that you know me? That you know when something is bothering me? Well its the same for me. I know when something is bothering you and right now that's what's happening."

"It doesn't concern you."

"Yes it does. As your wife it concerns me. You're trying to shut me out because you think that I shouldn't be concerned with it. Sometimes you like to bottle things up and shut down but you don't have to do that. Not with me."

"I'm a man, It's not an option for me to just put my stresses on you. That's not me Morgan. We have Knox and you have your stuff to think about, I'm not going to put my stuff on you."

"Everything you've ever worked for is being put on the line right now. You've got people on your back and everyone is hell bent on doubting you right now. I get it. I know how it feels. You're worried. You're worried about your career, about what people are thinking, about your family? You're allowed to worry Colin, it's normal. You're not putting anything on me. I'm your wife, you're my husband, we're married, so your problems are mine. Get use to it." She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

How could she put this the right way? Get him to understand?

"Baby, I get that you want to be strong. You want to be strong for me, for Knox, for your team...it's how you're made up. But when you can't be that way that's what I'm here for. You don't have to do this alone. Now as for all of these people, I have faith that it will all work out for the best. You're a great football player, but like any other person you make mistakes. It happens. But you will be fine. Next game you go out there and you give it everything you've got and nothing less. You make them eat their words and they'll regret everything they've ever said about you."

He stared at her for a moment before shaking his head. She moved closer; wrapping her arms around him and putting her chin on his chest so she could look up at him. It took him a few but he eventually gave up his fisaad and wrapped his arms around her; looking down into her eyes.

"It's gonna be okay. I know it will."

"You promise?" He asked quietly.

"I promise."