Chap. 24: Burn

BURN...

She managed out of the shrubs of icky leaves and bugs, then immediately sprayed herself with decontamination alcohol, which she was starting to run out of. There were only four more bottles left in her car, and five more back at her pad. She should add to her grocery list ten more the next time she went shopping. Especially if she was going to end up doing this kind of stuff more often.

Lists are very important after all, and so are plans. Always stick to the plan, she'd remind her, but nooo... It was just the perfect chance, she'd excuse. Stupid. Stupid. STUPID. STUPID!

She should've just left the dirty work for her to handle. It never EVER works out if she leaves it to her. Why doesn't she ever understand? When it came to do shit, she was the go-to-gal. When it came to living shit, she was the other gal to go to. She never learns, so she has to keep teaching her.

Damn, half a year of doing the same shit and still she doesn't get it. Still she doesn't get that there really is no other way but getting her to do the dirty work.

Always fussing with all that "I can do it myself" act. Bullshit. After all the kicking and screaming and scratching and dragging, by the end of the day, she'd have her way, only to chicken out or utterly fail and give the baton back to her.

And by baton she meant knife or noose or push, or anything that could really kill.

Man, she was such a pussy sometimes, she couldn't believe she even let her have her own time.

Oh well, she was definitely good at bottling up expressions, that was sure.

The wrecked Porsche that was a product of her own doing needed its own praise though, and even more than once she'd collect the body of that boring-assed bitch and cutie in the front seats.

Oh how swimmingly it would be from then. She despised the idea of going off blindly and hitting three birds with one stone. After all, it wasn't in the plan at all. But then again, when the exact same plan would cause her to hit two birds with one stone, then who was she to deny what fate had planned out for her?

She walked toward the distorted vehicle, conscious of the drifting smell of gasoline in the air, then ever so slightly pulled out her brand new knife out of her purse. It made that devilishly elegant sound of metal gliding through air when she pulled it back all the way. This is it. They MUST be unconscious from the fall, or at the very best, DEAD. But she still had to make sure. One, clean jab right through the skull should do it. She'd have to control herself from dealing any more, but the temptation was just oh so sweet. Maybe she could sneak in a few cuts while she was at it? The kind so little none would be the wiser, yet would still feel so gratifying?

Her hands trembled in enraptured expectation. She could feel it now, after so long. That sensation just before one does it. Her drumming heart, her heaving breath, her irrepressible grin... she knelt down and struck the blow.

She stopped mid-air when no one was inside.

She made a face that of confusion and indignation mixed together, then stood abruptly.

Her head scanned her surroundings. It was a good night to decide to wear pants, she thought.

Her grin pulled her mouth up again at an impulsive fun thought. Her mind was already playing it out. They'd be alone, lost in a forest that was made labyrinthine in the dark of night, injured and weak. She'd find them, most probably sooner than later if they had left an easy trail to track, and even if the cutie could've been strong enough to handle her at full strength, she was sure he wouldn't be able right after a direct crash. And all they'd be able to do is watch as she'd take them down, first one, then the other.

It was already tasting so DELICIOUS to her, she thought. A slight chuckle escaped her ruby red lips as she surveyed her surroundings, looking for the right spot.

She studied the ground from the driver's seat where spots of blood and disturbed soil mixed, then followed where the dirt looked like someone was dragged through it. She stopped by a tree, then her head looked into the darkness of trees and shrubs. They shouldn't be too far off. The blood stains seemed to have turned brown only recently.

She grinned again.

She was going to have to go hunting.