Chap. 16: Leave It Up To Me

LEAVE IT UP TO ME...

She had made a terrible mistake.

How could she be so stupid!? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!! STUPID!!!

They'll figure her out soon because of this mistake. There weren't any cameras inside the building itself, but she had caught a glimpse of a CCTV on a branch nearby upon exit. It had surely caught her, and if the rumors about the school was true, then she was truly caught. She had nowhere else to go. She had to finish it. There was no other alternative.

She was running out of time.

She walked pass the security, guarding the back gate, showing her ID but not entirely. Good thing they weren't that serious about checking. So long as you flash them a card, they'll nod you in and out.

She grabbed the nearest bus, her DeLorean was still in the shop until further noticed after an incident last week, and placed her earphones on, tucking the strands of her blonde hair behind her ear. She played Taylor Swift, and waited for the godawful ride to end. Once she reached her stop, she paid the fee without giving anyone on the ride a glance, entered the building, and took the elevator to the highest floor, where her room was at.

The elevator ride was long and boring, and Love Story just ended when she reached her room's doormat. She shoved the key in its hole, and turned the knob. The door was stuck.

She cursed under her breath, and kicked it open. She marched in, and slammed it shut.

The sight before her made her anxiety worse. She could never hire a maid to clean the place up, and she would never in her life touch a broom or any cleaning utensil. She could never let anyone see the atrocities she's done to everyone including herself. She'd be locked up for life. Her parents were no better. She could be plastered on every media front page, and still they wouldn't notice until it comes up on topic at the dinner table, most probably accidentally mentioned by one of the maids. Worse still, they might just pay her bail and shrug the entire event off. As far as they were concerned, she was just a phase they grew out of once she reached puberty.

She held her head in her hands, and landed on the floor, her body quivering at her sobs. This was the pits. This was worse than the pits. This was like that one guy she liked at Junior High, when she kissed him abruptly in front of the entire student body during the Winter Bash when they were crowned Mr. and Ms. Winter. She had seen him flirt with practically everyone, even guys for Pete's sake! So he must have had sex or at least made out with a lot of people. But she was wrong.

After the initial shock passed, she felt him hold her shoulders, and when she thought he would deepen the kiss as to not disappoint the crowd, he pulled her back, and she saw the disgust and horror in his expression. She thought he was gay, but all of her friends convinced her he wasn't, so she practically just humiliated her in front of EVERYONE.

She thought everyone would make fun of her the next day for her act, but instead, the guy actually smiled at the crowd and went on the rest of the night as if he had deepened the kiss. The bastard.

Once Junior High was over though, her reign ended. She wasn't the popular kid anymore. She was nobody. And she HATED feeling like that.

She hated it.

She hated it.

She HATED it.

She HATED it

She'd been trying to cope with it since, but all those times were successful. No one was ever the wiser. No one ever managed to link her to it. She always manages to run away scot free.

Until today.

But then again, maybe this was a sign. Maybe she should give herself up now before she does something really bad. She might even lessen her sentence if she steps forward now. Maybe she still had a chance...

NO!

She muffled her scream with both hands, her wrists throbbing from all the cuts she had dealt it through the past months.

And then she blacked out.

She had to clean her mess up. What a bitchy move, careless compared to her past achievements. It shouldn't have gone that way, she bellowed. Why couldn't she had waited for a better chance!?

But it was such a great chance though! She was right there, sleeping! No one was in the vicinity, the nurse was called out for a while, and her friends had just left her there and won't be coming back anytime soon, what was a better opportunity than that?

It wasn't in the plan, she snapped through gritted teeth. That was more than enough reason not to go through with it!

She stayed silent, tucking her head over her knees, whispering her apology for such an idiotic act. Now she was going to get caught anytime soon, and worse, she wouldn't even be able to finish her list...

Too bad, she said, a devilish grin tugging her lips. But then again...

"What!?" She screamed into the room, and the echo only made her cry harder.

"You could finish the list before you get caught."

"What?" The tears stopped.

"You've had that plan ready for a long time now... And now's the time to use it."

"B-but," She stuttered. "It's too risky. There'd be so many people watching..."

"Which makes it all the more perfect! Three in one, isn't that great!" She had a smile on now, and it was demonic. "Do it!"

"It's too risky!"

"Do it!" She screamed.

"It's risky!" She squeaked.

"Do it." It was a demand, not an opinion.

She cried, and it was the silent, painful sobs that made her chest heave.

She had to, didn't she? There wasn't enough time left. If she'd wait any longer, she'd run out, and everything she ever did, she would have done for nothing. She can't let that happen, then there'd be no point to it all, then she would have just raised her hopes, then she'd just get angry and hate her again.

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NO!!

"Calm down, sweetie."

She stopped trembling at the words, the tears coming back.

"Everything will be all right." She whispered in the dark. "Just leave it up to me, like always."

She breathed. That's right... Just leave it up to her, like always.