Chapter 16

A/N: This one is dedicated to ElaizaElric. She’s just that vanilla-y :3

“Come in.”

Hyura slid the door open, only to see you still in bed, having breakfast on a kotatsu. Bankotsu, standing from outside (allowed by Hyura to watch and then come in when she leaves) saw a bowl of rice, miso soup, Japanese pickles, dried seaweed, tamagoyaki and sometimes broiled fish, accompanied with tea.

“Good morning.” Hyura greeted, going to sit next to you. “There’s something I’d like to discuss with you.”

“I can already tell it involves the mercenaries.” You said bluntly, bringing a small piece of pickle into your mouth. (BBM: You don’t have to imagine it if you don’t like pickles). Hyura smiles.

“Yes.”

In a second, the door had shut so Bankotsu wouldn’t hear in on their conversation, to his dismay. So he slouch down in boredom, waiting for his turn to go in. Mukotsu had passed by, asking why Bankotsu was outside your room, only to ignore him and attempted to sneak in, resulting in him getting kicked in the face by Bankotsu. So he left. In fear.

After probably a good hour, Hyura walked out, looking devious and satisfied. She found Bankotsu half-asleep on the floor. As if on cue, he shot his eyes open and stood up, to Hyura’s amusement.

“She’s ready for you.” Hyura whispered as she left, giving Bankotsu a small wink of good luck. Bankotsu wasted no time in entering your room, seeing your tray now empty, assuming you had been eating throughout your conversation with Hyura. What surprised him was that you held the calmest expression he had ever seen you wore. Had Hyura been telling you anything at all?

“Hi.” He blurted out, settling himself where Hyura had been earlier. “So I guess she told you, huh?”

“Yes,” you said, wiping your mouth with a napkin. “And you might be pleased to know that I’ve made my decision: if I can live with you and your band’s delusions for a month, I’m staying you. Otherwise I would be tying you all up in my head and then I’ll be returning here.”

Bankotsu kept himself from lighting up so that it showed. Instead he smiled and rested a hand on yours. “Oh, I’m pleased, all right.”

You rolled your eyes at his response, snatching your hand away and taking off the sheets of you. “One, keep your hands to yourself. Two, quit trying to seduce me because it’s not working. And three, please leave. I’m going to take a bath.”

“Do you want…company?” Bankotsu asked softly, shifting closer to you so you could the smirk on his lips.

“No, thank you.” You scoffed, attempting to look disgusted. “We are barely on a stage where we should be holding hands.”

“Aw, Yozora-“

“Continue and I’ll change my mind!” you snapped, rising from the bed, marching towards the bathroom with a robe. Just when Bankotsu thought you were taking the news better than he had anticipated. Now, that sucks.

~~~

Stupid Bankotsu…always have to be a pervert…

You scowled as you stripped down and stepped into the heating bathtub, some flowers floating on it. Probably Ruka’s work.

But you like it, don’t you?You heard a voice in your head say.

Who are you and why are you telling me things that aren’t true?

I’m your conscience. For a genius, you’re pretty stupid. And I’m not telling you untrue things.

Excuse me?