Chapter 15

A/N: Okay, so this is more of a filler but it does have a part where Bankotsu tries to decide what to do next. It’s probably quite important so I recommend you read this one. Now, I’d like to thank those who have been voting and commenting. I’ll be dedicating the next few chapters to those people. Now I’ll leave you to enjoy~

 ~~~

There was nothing that was giving Jakotsu a much bigger reason right now to live than helping you; making sure no one finds out she has gone.

Jakotsu did wonder why you were being secretive. You are personally, but for this situation, more than usual. Still, at least he is able to occupy himself for the day. He even went through the effort to ask one of the servants to serve him a fruity cooler as it was a fairly hot day. He was smart enough to not stay near your room the whole day so as not to have anyone get suspicious, but he did pass by your room, making sure it was locked every now and again, although the key is in his pocket. He claims to himself that there might be another key.

Right after lunchtime with some fresh sashimi, Jakotsu went back to ‘hang around’ your room. Thankfully, there was a balcony not too far from your room, with a kotatsu (table), a zaisu (chair) and a parasol right next to it, so it would seem as though he was simply enjoying himself to the weather.

After about an hour of sunbathing in the balcony, Jakotsu woke up to a soft cry inside. Hold on; was it a cry or a meow? Cats seem to make the most noises that are difficult for Jakotsu to describe. Curiosity brought him to stand up and take slow steps towards the area he has been pacing around for a bit this morning.

His heartbeat pace decreased lightly as he saw only Hamaguri. Remember that cat Yozora went to look for all because of Ruka and bumped into Bankotsu and had a rather interesting conversation in the woods? Yeah, him.

It was the first time Jakotsu noticed the cat had a rather squashed face. Most would have thought it was ugly, but who was Jakotsu to judge? A mercenary who enjoys killing and whose best friend is a brutally honest woman. That’s who.

The cat, at Jakotsu’s arrival, moved closer to the door that led to your room. Then it snapped to Jakotsu that you had left him to lock your door. Hamaguri himself could easily slide it open with his rough claws. Jakotsu lunged at the mammal to keep it from opening your door, only to trip over a broken floorboard in the process. Although there was a kind of advantage as Hamaguri jumped away and hissed at the pressure of Jakotsu’s fall (face down).

Recovering from the fall, Jakotsu looked up and did not see Hamaguri no longer. Thank God that creature was gone. Why did he wanted to go to your room anyway? Some things still need examining.

Simultaneously, Bankotsu is debating to himself where to head off to next. Kill? Take up another job?

Throughout all his own suggestions, you came up and he couldn’t resist considering what effect his next move would have on you. Judging from how you…’get around’; it is possible that you would find out.

“Brother.”

Bankotsu snapped out of his thoughts as he hears the familiar voice of Doctor Suikotsu, looking up at him from his seat on the bench outside the castle, facing the gardens and ponds.

“Have you decided where we should go to next?” asked Suikotsu.

Bankotsu didn’t reply.

“It’s because of Yozora, isn’t it?”

Still no response.

“We can’t stay here forever, Big Brother.”

“I know.” Bankotsu finally spoke, but it was barely a whisper.