Chapter 8/9

“Okay, so that’s everything I need!” You exclaimed, dusting your hands as all your important supplies are gathered in a pile in your room. Your hair was tied up in a crowning braid, you wore a normal kimono (a skirt, to put it) and tabi.

“Meow!”

You looked down to see Hamaguri, with a sheathed sword in its mouth.

“Woah! Katsura is done!” you exclaimed as you took the sword out of Hamaguri’s grip. You patted the cat on its head. “Good boy.”

The orange-haired animal gave another happy meow before leaving the room. You beamed at the touch of the smooth wooden-sheath on your skin. The blacksmith had said he would return the sword perfectly polished if it was safe, so it certainly wasn’t cursed. If it was it wouldn’t be with you right now.

The sheathed was an interesting dark purple colour, the part of the hilt was bandaged and the rest was pale blue.

“What are you smiling about?”

“Hm?” you turned to the door, as saw Renkotsu standing there, with an empty glass bottle in hand. You stayed where you were and showed him the sword. “I just got my new sword!”

“Interesting...so how would you rate yourself from 1 to 10 in swordsmanship?” he said as he stepped in.

“I’d say 8.”

You and Renkotsu reacted indifferently at the sight of no other than Tsurigino, who was calmly drinking something not even he knows.

“Trust me; I’ve seen her fight and gets even on each proper battle she gets involves in.” Said the secretary, as he walked over to you, and playfully ruffled your hair, to which you scowled at. “Besides, she’s like a baby sister to me.”

“Even though she frequently abuses you?” asked Renkotsu bluntly.

Tsurigino awkwardly smiles at a certain ‘happy’ memory.

-FLASHBACK-

“Yozora-chan!” a 17-year-old Tsurigino strolled through the castle, searching for one little 15-year-old girl. The teenage boy was asked to personally train Yozora for a month, to which he was excited about. Though he hadn’t actually spoke to the younger girl. He shouted her name again at the top of his lungs. “Yozora House-“

“What!?”

Tsurigino flinched at the annoyed and husky tone from behind. He looked through his shoulder and saw a grumpy Yozora, popping her head out from the room she was in. Her hair was tied in twin pigtails, her sidebangs were clipped to the side, her hands were slightly wet with a few bubbles around her wrists. Though her appearance made her look like an innocent, delicate little girl, she had the expression of an unhappy devil.

“What do you want?” she asked sternly.

“W-what are you doing?” asked Tsurigino, scratching his head.

“Cleaning weapons.” Said Yozora straightly. “Why?”

“Eh...” Tsurigino tried to look for the right words. “I will take you under my wing...and teach you to struggle.”

. . . . .

The grumpy girl took it the wrong way.

“Waaahh! No! I m-mean...owww!!”

Tsurigino struggled as Yozora put him in a powerful headlock, in spite of her five-to-seven inches shorter than the boy.