twenty seven

dedicated to melissaandsoftball because she left an incredibly nice comment on the last chapter!

Chloe

"Anyyyywayyys.." I had cleared my throat after Harry's random confession. "What are we doing later, Josh?"

He shrugged. "No clue, was just gonna go chill at your place or something." I nodded and finished off my food.

"You guys can come to our place later. We're having a huge party." Niall suggested. Harry gave him a look but Niall pretended not to notice.

Josh and I looked at each other and shrugged. "Sure, I guess. What time?"

"Be there at seven?" We nodded and got up to put our trays back and garbage away.

"Well, thanks guys for letting us sit with you. See ya later." I waved as Josh and I walked out into the parking lot and jumped in the car.

Josh sighed and rubbed his face. "Today's a confusing day."

I gave him a weird look. "Confusing? How?"

He started the car and Twenty One Pilots flowed through the speakers of the car. "I don't know, man. Niall's acting all soft and so are you! I learned your mother was an abusive bitch and your dad is buried in this exact town, now I learn Harry wants to be a farmer!" 

I laughed softly at the last part and shake my head, starting to sing along with the song.

Niall

As soon as Chloe and that guy stepped out of the restaurant, Harry shot me a look.

"That's the girl you were thinking of the other night wasn't it."

My eyebrows shot up. I didn't think he'd remember that. "What do you mean?"

"The other night when we were both awake at a stupid hour in the morning and you claimed you couldn't sleep because of a girl. It was her wasn't it?"

"First of all, I never claimed I couldn't sleep because of a girl. I had said I was thinking too much, you were the one who had said that." I scuffed down the rest of the food I had, wanting to go home just so this conversation would end.

"Whatever. We both know it's a girl. Now, answer the question." He kept a serious face.

"Yeah, It was her," I sighed and laughed softly, breaking the façade. "how can you tell?"

He laughed softly, brushing his curly hair out of his face. "You turned to mush as soon as you spotted her."

Feeling my cheeks burn, I shook my head and stood up to throw my trash away. Harry standing up after me and following my steps.

"We should go to the house now so we can clean and set everything up for tonight," I suggested. Harry nodded and we walked out of the McDonalds. 

Chloe

"I'll pick you up at 6:30, okay?" Josh yelled from the car that was pulling out of the driveway. I quickly shot him a thumbs up before he drove away.