twenty five

Couple Days Later

Chloe

"Cheater! You're such a cheater!" I exclaimed to Louis, who sneaked the card I had asked him for out of his pile and was trying to hide it behind his back. "Louis, I know you have a ten behind your back.. hand it over."

I was playing Go Fish with Louis and Alexandra and I asked Louis if he had a ten when Lilly suddenly called me in the kitchen for a second and when I came back Louis had one less card in his pile of cards placed in his hand.

Holding my hand out in the air, he pouted and placed the card in my hand. I smiled in victory and placed my pair of tens down on the coffee table.

These past few days, the three boys sort have warmed up to me a little, yet I still bragged to them about how I could beat each of them when they started to annoy me.

The game went on for another ten minutes when we finished and Alexandra was crowned the winner of this round.

Getting up off the floor, I stretched my legs when I heard my phone ring. I walked over to it and read the screen; unknown caller. Knowing what happened last time that I answered a call from an unknown number, I left it ringing and went to sit back down.

"Who was calling?" Alex asked. I shrugged my shoulders, grabbed the remote and clicked the power button.

Remembering something from a couple days ago, I turned to my frienemie. "Hey, Louis?"

"Mhm?"

"Do you.. by any chance.. have Niall's number? He's been dodging me on campus and I've been meaning to ask him something." I mumbled, feeling a bit weird asking Louis for a number that belongs to a guy that I don't particularly like.

He looked at me weirdly but shook it off. "Ugh, yeah." He turned on his phone, searched through his contacts then read off his number to me.

I set a new contact and added his number to it, pressing the message button. My thumbs hovered over the screen thinking of what I was actually going to say to him.

it's chloe, why r u ignoring me

I clicked send without thinking about it. I don't even known why I felt the need to ask him why he had a black eye. Ever since I came to London it feels like I've been a completely different person.

"Way to be straight forward." Someone spoke from behind my shoulder, scaring me.

I elbowed the person in the stomach out of defence and immediately regretted it once I heard a girl groan in pain.

"Oops.. sorry Alex. That's what you get for reading over my shoulder at my texts. Karma's a bitch." Smirking, my phone vibrated in my hand signalling a text but I ignored it since Alexandra was still behind me.

"Whatever." She mumbled, got up and walked away with her middle finger in the air. I laughed it off and opened the text from Niall.

Im not.

I scoffed and rubbed my face.

horse poo. meet me @ the park near campus in twenty minutes.

Read 7:24

After a couple minutes, I still haven't gotten a reply but hoped he'd still go anyways. Locking my phone, I went downstairs to go change into something warmer to go outside with considering my PJ short short's and t-shirt just won't sacrifice.