twenty four

Niall

Suddenly, Harry's fist came in contact with my eye.

Okay.. maybe I deserved that..

"What the hell, man!" Harry yelled, standing up. I quickly stood up behind him just in case he felt the urge to kick me.

"I'm sorry.."

"Sorry won't cover it this time, Niall." He lifted his hand and I flinched away, quickly throwing my hands in front of my face. When I didn't feel anything hit my face I slowly opened my eyes and found him sitting back down with his head in his hands.

"I know." I spoke and lowered my head in shame.

"You know I hate her man, why would you say that?" He lifted up his head to meet mine.

"Earlier before you came out I asked Chloe who it was that called her when she fainted at our place but then she got defensive and asked why I wanted to know.. so I sorta just said the first thing that popped in my head." I admitted to my best friend.

He chuckled, "I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted right now."

I spotted a bunch of students packing up their stuff and heading inside the school so I pulled out my phone to check the time.

"My course starts in 2 minutes. I'm gonna go head in, talk to you later." Harry nodded and I hurried up the steps and into the school, jogging across the school.

"Just in time, Mister Horan." The professor stated once I ran through the door.

I nodded my head to the professor, out of breath and took an empty seat beside a couple of people I didn't know.

Chloe

"Just in time, Mister Horan." I raised my head to find Niall nodding his head at the professor with a purple ring around his eye. He searched for a place to sit and found an empty spot two rows in front of mine.

A couple minutes into the course and the professor was already making us take notes of what was being said.

I took out a fresh piece of paper and clicked my pen.

What the hell happened to your face!
- Chloe

I shaped the piece of paper into a mini paper airplane and tapped the shoulder of the person in front of me.

"Mind passing this to the person in front of you?" I whispered to the girl trying not to get caught. She nodded and passed it along.

Niall grabbed the airplane and secretly unfolded it without making noise. His eyes roamed the page and he turned his face to meet my eyes, he turned back and wrote something down then passed it nonchalantly to the girl behind him.

Receiving the airplane back, I unfolded it and read what he wrote.

nothing
- Niall

I rolled my eyes and crumpled the paper, shoving it into my bag figuring I'd talk to him later about it.

[....]

At the end of the day I was tired and wanted to go home and sleep but I had to find my friends first, which might be hard because their courses today were on the other side of the college.

I grabbed my phone out of my backpack and unlocked it. Scrolling through my contacts, I found Lilly and clicked on her number.

Ring..