Twenty - Four

August POV

I been hanging with Bri lately, but I make sure I keep her ass away from my daughter. She always asking why I don't let her around Nae. When she tryna come over I make sure Nae with Cha or her ass stay at the house.

"Aug, come lay down with me?" she whined.

"Nah, baby. I got to go somewhere." I half lied.

"I'll be here when you get back." she said coming to kiss me.

"Nah, you won't. You got to go. I got some folks coming over." I said dodging her kiss.

"I don't get no kiss or nothing ?" she pouted.

"Nope." I said. "Go put some clothes on. You got to leave." She only had on one of my shirts.

"August, why ? I thought we were together." she whined.

"Nah, this shit belong to me and Kaelyn. You a visitor." I said. She groaned.

"Oh my gosh! Why does everything have to be about Kaelyn? She's obviously over you." she said.

"And I been over your ass." I laughed. She stomped away to change. I went to sit on the couch until she finished. When she came back, she just walked straight out.

"Salty ass." I murmured laughing. She walked to her car and left. I drove over to Cha house to get Nae and chill. I had a key so I just walked in.

"Cha." I said walking in.

"Oh, hell." I heard her murmur. "Why are you in my house?"

"Because I paid for it." I smiled.

"Barely." she said rolling her eyes.

"Mommy....." Naomi whined as she slept on the couch. She looked scared or upset.

"Naomi, baby. Wake up." I said as she began to cry a little. I picked her up trying to wake her up.

"Cha, how you supposed to do this shit ?" I asked her. She never cry with me , because she never really with me.

"Figure it out, Aug." she said. If looks could kill, her ass would be dead.

"Naomi." I whispered in her ear rocking her. The crying started to louder.

"Shit, Cha! Help me." I yelled. She rolled her eyes and came to get Naomi. She woke her up and calmed her down. Once she was calm , Cha passed her to me. "Now, put her back to sleep." How the fuck I'm supposed to put a 1 year old to sleep?

"If you were with her more , you would know what to do." she said nonchalantly. I didn't know what to do, so I just put her comfortably in my arms and turned on the TV. She watched until she fell asleep.

"Wow. Was it rocket science ?" Cha said smartly. I smacked my lips.

"Where the girls ?" I asked her.

"Everybody sleep." she said laying on the couch next to me putting her feet in my lap.

"Get these shits off me." I mugged.

"Boy , you in my house. You sitting on my couch." she smiled.

"Me and my baby about to go." I said pushing her feet and putting Nae head on my shoulder. I stood up and grabbed her bag off of the couch.

"Lock my door." she shouted to me.

"A'ight."

I walked to the car and buckled Nae in her seat. I sighed. I feel like I let her down. I'm never there for her. Ever. I'm so sorry babygirl. I really am.