Ten

August

Last night was the best. The kids played all types of games, while me and Kae watched movies in my bedroom. I purposely put on scary movies. She said she didn't like them and they scared her, so I put them in after she finished whining. She's still sleeping now. She fell asleep on top of me. I didn't move because I like this position. We're both a long way from home and she made all of my worries go away. I was planning on taking them out today. Since they're staying here for two weeks, we should get started on a little fun. There's a lot to do in Atlanta with so little time. She started to move a little in her sleep. I put my hand around her waist to let her know that I'm still here and she stopped. Just then her phone started to ring. She sighed and rolled her eyes while sitting up on me. She's not heavy at all. She glared at the caller ID , then laid back down. It rang again.

"Do you want me to?" I asked lowly.

"Please." she nodded.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Who is this?" the person on the other end asked loudly.

"This August." I said calmly.

"The hell? Who are you?" she asked.

"Kaelyn's boyfriend." I answered feeling Kae smile on my chest.

"You're lying. She's as single as I don't know what. Where is my sister?" she laughed.  There goes that smile.

"She's sleepin'."

"What are you doing to her? Where's Brooklyn? Where are my children?" she asked worriedly.

"Your kids and Brooklyn are safe as well as your sister."

"And how do you know that?"

"Kaelyn is taking care of them."

"Can I just speak to my sister?" she asked sounding frustrated. Oh, you think I'm not frustrated?

"No disrespect, but your sister doesn't want to talk; in fact, she's trying to sleep. She'll call you later. Goodbye." I hung up. I felt her smile come again.

"What you smiling for?" I asked her.

"Because," she started. I looked at her indicating for her to continue. "While you were talking , you gripped my waist tighter." she laughed.

I chuckled. "Oh, well you gotta get up."

"No. Why?" she whined.

"Because I said so." I lightly smacked her butt.

"August that shit hurts. Leave me alone." she said trying to be serious. She got up and went in the bathroom.

"Baby, I'm sorry. You forgive me?"

"No. August move." she started her water and began brushing her teeth. I started massaging her booty.

"Stop. Get out. " she pushed me out. It was kinda a struggle for her, though. When she closed the door, I heard her let out a laugh.

I'm going to leave her alone and give her space. Just to take her shower. I went in my closet to find clothes for me, then went to wake up the kids.

"Chay, can you find something for Nae to wear until I finish the food?" I asked her and she went to find something. I made eggs, bacon, pancakes. and sausage. When I finished, I went upstairs to my room and to my surprise, Kaelyn was on the balcony on the phone.

She seemed real sad. "Keyara, I can't. I'm sorry. You need to take care of your children. I have a daughter of my own to worry about. I take Seattle and Jamal everywhere with me because you refuse to take control. You know how it feels and as a parent you shouldn't want your kids to grow up feeling the same way we did. Then when you wanna all of a sudden take on the role of a mother, they probably won't even care for you. I can't keep doing this. If you move, Seattle and Jamal go with you. End of discussion. Goodbye." she hung up. "God, what did I do to deserve this? I love those kids, but it's hard providing for three kids when I can barely provide for one. I just need your help." she sighed.

"You good, baby?"

"Not really." she sighed deeply running her hands through her hair. I walked over to the chair on the balcony and sat her in my lap.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." she sighed laying on my chest.

"I understand. I'm here for you when you ready." I kissed her forehead.

"Auggie.."

"Yea?" I asked interwining our fingers.

"When did we become 'a thing'?" she asked looking in my eyes.

I smirked. "Just now."

"Well, I need to tell you something." she laughed looking down.

"Pick your head up, love. Don't be ashamed. Tell me anything." I lifted her head.

"Back at home, I have a job," she sighed , "as a stripper."

"I ain't judging you. Gon' get your money." I said kissing her lips.

"I lo- ," she started before reading a message out loud. "'August Alsina seen outside his home in Atlanta with his reported girlfriend. '" she looked up at me.

"Damn.." I whispered rubbing my chin.

"I'm not mad, but are they gonna follow us everywhere?"

"Most likely.."

"Oh my goodness. " she stood up and laughed. "Well, we gotta get dressed. Come on, baby."