Twelve

August

Kae allowed the kids to stay with Chandra, so we took them clothes and went home. She was still upset about the whole Cedric situation.

"August, what if there's nothing you can do?"

I kissed my teeth at her statement and layed back on my pillows. "Kaelyn India Ahmed, I'll die for you and Brooklyn. If I have to die to save you, that's what Ima do."

"Aug, you can't do that. You have Naomi and you're all that Kay, Chay, and Mai have." she whined. Always whining.

I began rubbing her back. "You got Brookie and you all that Seattle and Jamal got." I began kissing her forehead. "I got you baby. I promise."

She just got quiet and seemed as if she was thinking. Maybe she was thinking a little too much. Then her phone rang. It was a call from one of her sisters, Kyleigh.

She put the phone on speaker and answered dryly. "Hello ?"

"Kae, Daddy wants you to come back home. Keyara is in the hospital." she said in a panicky way. I saw tears swelling up in her eyes.

"What happened?"

"We don't know. She was with Michael and he won't say anything." she sighed.

Somewhere in there Kaelyn started crying. Hard. "Okay. I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Bye." Kyleigh said as Kae got up putting on clothes.

"Bye, Aug."

"No, I'm going with you. Let's go get the kids." I answered going to get some shoes.

She started shaking her head. "No, August. The kids should stay here. I don't want them to see her like that."

This is too much for my baby. She's only 22 ; she needs a break from all this. I wanna just take her away from all her troubles, all her pain. She didn't even think to get anything, but she grabbed her purse, her phone, and her keys before she ran out the door. When we got in the car it was almost silent except the radio was playing. In the car , Lay Me Down by Sam Smith and John Legend came on. She looked at me then quickly turned to look out the window. I just sighed and shook my head.

"Baby, I got you." I grabbed her hand with my free hand. "I promise." She wiped her tears and checked her phone.

"Stop all that crying. C'mon." I said as I pulled up at the airport.

I helped her out the car and we rushed into the airport. I had already called my private jet so we could get to Miami quicker. When we got on the jet , she just sat down and looked out the window. I just rubbed her thigh and embraced her face in a kiss. She just pulled away and rested against the seat. Damn , she is really hurting right now. Stay strong , baby.

-

Kaelyn

Once we landed in Miami , I called my dad to come get Aug and I. He rushed to come get us and take us back to the hospital. I just wanna cry. Keyara was the closest thing I had to a best friend despite the fact that we argued over everything.

"Daddy , is she okay ?" I asked through tears.

"I really don't know." he sighed. Hang in there , Key.