Three

Kaelyn

They were running in circles. When they stopped, Brook saw me and ran over to me. I picked her up and began kissing her cheeks causing her to have a fit of laughter. I put her down and hugged Jamal. After talking to him about his racecars, I picked up Brooklyn and went downstairs to talk to my sister.

"Keyara!" I semi-yelled.

"Mommy." Brooklyn said covering her ears.

"Sorry, baby." I said lowly, but loud enough for her to hear.

"Yes?" she said walking out of her room on the phone. "Not talking to you." she said rolling her eyes at whoever was on the other end.

"I need you to call me in the morning and let me know when y'all boarding the bus." I said grabbing my things off the couch.

"Let me call you back." she said to the person on the phone then hung up. " Um, Kaelyn, I'm not going to the competition." she said beginning to play with her fingers.

"Brookie, go play with Jamal." I said putting Brooklyn down.

"JuJu!" she yelled running up the stairs.

"What do you mean 'you're not going to the competition' ?" I mocked, resting my right hand on my hip and my left hand on the couch.

"I'm not going to make it." she said in a 'duh' type of tone.

"And why the hell not?" I asked with an attitude.

"I'm going out with Michael." she said nonchalantly. Here we go.

"I'm so fucking tired of this, Keyara! You're my big sister. You're supposed to set good examples for me. You're putting him before your kids. Seattle doesn't even like him and Jamal don't give a damn. He's not even their dad. Your kids might start running away because you're not giving them any attention at all. Why are you doing this? You know exactly what that feels like and you're doing the exact same thing to them. Michael means nothing to everyone but you. We don't like him. I'm so fucking tired of this! I might as well adopt those kids. You don't show them any love. Those rooms that they have, I decorated. That built in dance studio, I paid for that. Seattle's 1,000 dollar dance tuition due every month , I pay for that. Jamal's 300 dollar baseball tuition, I pay that too. The birthday parties that they have every year, I pay for that. Why would you have kids if you're not going to provide them with what they need, Keyara? Michael don't give a damn about you. Get him the fuck out of here." I yelled at her following her into the kitchen.

"Okay, Kaelyn. Damn, I get it, okay? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to that damn competition." she yelled back with a few tears falling.

"W-What ? You're not c-coming to my competition ?" Seattle asked nearly in tears. I just shook my head at Keyara.

"I'm so sorry , Se-" she said going to try and comfort her.

"Leave me alone." Seattle yelled before turning around and running upstairs.

I pushed past Keyara and followed Seattle with Keyara following close behind.