Eleven

August

I rented out this amusement park called Fun Junction USA so today could be fun without fan interruptions. I wanted the kids to come and have fun. I knew that Jamal didn't want to be surrounded by girls, so I invited my nephew. His name is also Jamal, but he's a junior so I call him JJ or just Junior. When we got there the kids hopped out the car, but Brooklyn and Naomi were asleep, so I got them out.

"Give me my baby." Kae said taking Naomi.

I straight faced her. "Really?" I looked up and saw the kids running. "Stop running so y'all don't fall." Kay Kay walked back to me and Kaelyn grabbing our free hands.

"C'mon. Y'all wanna have fun right?" She asked us in a sassy tone. We laughed at her.

"Uncle August, I wanna ride this." Chay yelled running to this big ass roller coaster.

"I'm not riding but y'all can. Kae?"

"Hell to the damn no!"

"Y'all can go." I laughed. I mean, I ain't scared or nothing, but I'd rather sit here. You feel me?

But this girl right here , she is everything I've ever asked for. She knows how to make my day. Her and the kids just give me everything I need. I'm taking the kids to Chandra. She lives right down the street now, thanks to me. I'll ask Kae if she'll let them stay at Chandra's for the night and we can have the house to ourselves. I'm not gonna rush it. I think I love her though. The kids rode as many rides as they wanted, now they're tired so it's time to go home.

I began to start the car. "I'm taking y'all home."

"Is Mama Sheila there?" Amaiya asked me.

"Um, I️ don't even know. We'll see when we get there."

"K."

I looked over at Kae on her phone. She looked sad, so I gently rubbed her thigh. She looked up at me and out the window.

"Y'all go in. I'll be in there in a minute." I told them as we pulled up at Chandra's house. I looked at Kaelyn.

"What's going on?"

She shook her head looking out the window.

"I know when something's wrong with you, baby. What's wrong?" I gently rubbed her thigh. She lightly threw me her phone still looking out window.

I read messages between her and someone by the name of Cedric. I guess this is Brook's dad because that's who they were talking about. Then I came upon a message that read 'I know where you are and who you're with. I will get my child back even if I have to kill you and your boyfriend'. I looked at her.

"Kae, he won't come near you. I will bust a cap in his ass if I have to." I assured her rubbing her thigh.

"Aug, no. I need you. I can't have you go to jail because I got myself into something I can't get out of. I knew he was trouble but I just wanted to fit in." she explained tears filling her eyes.

"I'll do anything and everything I can to keep you in my life. I'm not losing you because I failed to protect you."

She started crying.

"Stop all that crying. Nothing is going to happen to you, me, or Brooklyn. Believe that." I kissed her. She wiped her tears and we walked in to Chandra's.

"Where Elmo at?" I asked referring to Chandra's hair.

"I'm in here, Big Bird." she retorted. I laughed and walked in the kitchen.

" Oh, you must be the famous Kaelyn ?"

" Yea, you must be Chandra ?"