Thirty

August

"Surprise, baybeh." I smiled. She just stood there in shock. I couldn't read her face because it was so many emotions everywhere. I saw Chandra walk behind Kaelyn.

"Hey, Aug. You're here." she smiled. I just nodded. Kaelyn turned and looked at her.

"Um, come in, I guess." Kae said turning back around and stepping aside. "Can I speak to you for a minute ?" she asked Chandra.

"Sure." she smiled. Kae closed the door and they walked off somewhere.

"Hey. Who are you ?" a little boy asked. I guess that was her brother or something.

"I'm August." I said sticking out my hand for him to shake.

He looked at my hand and back at me. "Do I know you ?" the boy asked.

"Pro'bly not." I shrugged.

"Kareem, who are you harassing this time?" a female voice said coming closer. When they came in view of me, they stopped. I don't know who this is but they probably know me.

"Come in here with everyone else. " the person said nonchalantly. I followed them into a noisy area. Gladly, when I walked in, so did Kaelyn and Chandra. Chandra winked at me and Kae walked over to me.

"You can put her down." Kae said after hugging me catching me by surprise.

"Ion wanna wake ha' up." I said. She gestured for me to follow her. We walked out of the living room and down a long hallway.

"She can lay here. This is my room and no one comes in here." she said. I nodded and laid her on the bed.

Kaelyn

I honestly don't know how I feel right now. I'm not sure whether or not I'm happy or upset with Chandra. After Aug laid Naomi on my bed, we walked out cracking the door.

"So, how you been ?" I asked awkwardly.

"Good. Can I speak ta' you in private?" he asked. Shit.

"Um, sure. We can step outside." I said leading us to the backyard. I live in Miami and everyday feels like summer or spring so it was fine.

"I'm really sorry, baybeh." he said.

"Stop apologizing. I forgive you." I said. I don't know if I really do or not, but he does need to stop apologizing. "I just needed some time to myself." I admitted.

"So, we coo' ?" he asked.

"Yea." I smiled and hugged him.

Chandra

Im proud of Aug and Kae. I was tired of dealing with their miserable asses. Now, we can go back to normal. I pulled out my phone and texted Kae.

To Kaelyn

Woot woot 😏

From Kaelyn

Oh shut up

To Kaelyn

You love me 💁

From Kaelyn

Probably not ☺

I laughed a little at our conversation. I happy that she's happy. August better not ruin it this time. Kaelyn is a good friend and if he messes this shit up, we will have many, many problems.