Twenty - Two

August

I had to come to Kae house the day after the party to set things straight with her. The kids outside playing so we can be alone. They're safe with Chay and Seattle. She kinda out of it from her hangover. She not paying me no attention; if she was I wouldn't be here.

"Baby." I said getting her attention.

"Hmm?" she groaned taking an Advil.

"You good?"

"No, nigga. I'm dealing with your cheating, dickhead ass and I have a migraine. Do I look okay to you ?" She rolled her eyes. "Why the fuck you even here ?"

"'Cause I need to talk to you."

"But I don't want to talk to you. So excort yourself to the front door." she smiled.

"Kaelyn. Bri a nobody. She just one of my hoes."

"Obviously, she a somebody to you if she calling you and her number saved."

"Yo' ass always blowing shit outta proportion. It ain't ev--"

"I don't give a fuck about your excuses ! Get out of my house!" she yelled.

"Man, you gon' stop all that yelling." I said.

"Then get the fuck out! I don't wanna see your bullshit ass." she rolled her eyes.

"So, we over?"

No response.

I grabbed my stuff and walked out. I got Chaylin, Amaiya, Kayden, and Naomi and we left. I'm not about to sit here and try to make her talk to me.

Kaelyn

Fuck him. Fuck this. Fuck relationships. Fuck love. August really gotta go. I love him, I️ think, but some times things are worth the pain. He did it once that I know of, how many times will he do it again? I sighed and laid down on the bed rubbing my head. I heard yelling outside and rushed to see what the hell was going on.

"Brooklyn, get out the street !" Seattle and I yelled simultaneously. I ran to her scooping her out of the street as a car came speeding. I made it just in time.

"Baby, don't ever do that again, okay?" I sighed in relief and kissed her forehead. She nodded sticking out her bottom lip.

"Brooklyn, don't cry, babe. I'm not mad." I said trying to stop her from crying. Obviously, it didn't work. I picked her up and walk back across the street to the house.

"Seattle come in the house." I said. She drove Brooklyn's car to the garage and I followed her. We let the garage down and walked in the house. I seriously have a headache. I don't feel like dealing with the tears right now , but I have to play it off to spare her feelings.

"Brooklyn, it's okay. Just don't do that again." I said sitting her on the counter. She was not trying to hear that. This is a prime example as to why I don't like kids. "Here, how about you help me clean up ?"

Most kids wouldn't agree to this , but she's 2. This house needs major cleaning from yesterday. I gave her the broom and gave Seattle the glass cleaner.

"Auntie, where do you want me to clean ?"

"You can just do the mirrors on yall doors. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." She nodded and ran upstairs. Brooklyn trotted slowly behind dragging the broom.

"Seattle, wait." she whined. I laughed at her struggle and went to help her. After we got to the top step, I went back to the kitchen. I went into the pantry to try and find some snacks to make. I pulled out some red velvet cake batter and began to put the ingredients together.

"Stop, Brooklyn. Put that down. Are you okay? Auntie!" Seattle screamed and I sighed. I really did not feel like all of this today. I walked upstairs in a sluggish manner. "Auntie, hurry!"

I walked at a quicker pace. Seattle was screaming so I had to run down the hallway.

"What is wrong?" I asked very much concerned. I looked down at Brooklyn passed out on the floor. "What the hell happened?" I yelled. "Seattle go get anything you need. We're going to the hospital."