Twenty

Kaelyn

Tomorrow's Brooklyn's birthday party and and haven't talked to August in awhile. I talked to Chay on her birthday because she finally turned 10. I've been calling him for some time and each call goes to voice mail. I really want to hear his voice and talk to him. I can't let this get me down because I need to focus on Brooklyn. Keyara's flying back out here today. They're actually supposed to land in about 30 minutes. I went in the living and picked up Brooklyn, my phone and my keys and ran out the door. I gently laid her on the back seat and hopped in the front. We haven't ate yet , so I know she's hungry and so am I. I stopped at Chick-fil-A and ordered a number one then went to McDonald's. I ordered her a four piece nugget Happy Meal and got myself a caramel frappe. I'm really not in a rush to go get Keyara. She can wait on me to get there. She has a car of her own, but she didn't want to leave it at the airport. I pulled up to the airport and put our food into the Chick-fil-A bag because it  was bigger and carrying two bags is too much. After organizing the bag , I tried waking Brooklyn , but she wouldn't wake up so I just carried her in. I sat down with our food and waited for Keyara. I tried to wake Brooklyn again. This time she woke up , but she was cranky.

"You hungry ?" I asked her and she nodded slowly dozing off. I chuckled at her and gave her the chicken nuggets. She went to the seat next to me and ate them silently. I began eating my waffle fries.

"Bitch, I landed 5 minutes ago. " I heard Keyara complain.

"Bitch, I got here 6 minutes ago." I retorted standing up and turning around with a smile.

"I can't stand your ass." she laughed and hugged me.

"Why you always cussing?" I mugged.

"Because I'm grown and I want to. It helps express my feelings more." she smiled.

"Well, you should really stop." I advised.

"Fuck. Shit. Bitch. Fuck. Shit. Bitch. Fuck. Shit. Bitch. Fuck. Shit. Bitch. Mother Fucker. Mother. Fucker." she nonchalantly said doing random things.

"You're annoying, you know that right?" I laughed.

"Yes." she smiled.

"Hey, kids." I said referring to Seattle and Jamal. They waved tiredly.

"Let's go." I said. Brooklyn was done with her food , so I threw away her trash. I still had a full bag of stuff and my frappé. I should drink that before it melts.

-

August

I feel bad as fuck for cheating Kaelyn, but Brielle gave me one of the best nights of my life. She been blowing up my damn phone, but I ain't been answering. All my time been on my nieces and Bri. The girls haven't met her yet, but she's here now and the girls are coming so we can leave for Miami. I hope the girls don't treat her different than Kae. The doorbell rang and I went to get it because Bri was nervous.

"Uncle August! " the girls exclaimed as they all hugged me.

"Hey, girls. Where y'all Mama?"

"She in the car." Kay said. I closed the door and took them in the living room.

"Uncle August, where Nae?" Mai asked me.

"She in her room, sleeping." I said, then Bri came downstairs. The girls just stared her up and down, but Chay had a slight mug on her face.

"Hi." Bri smiled.

"Hello." Mya and Kay said simultaneously.

"Who are you?" Chay said, then Chandra walked in the door.

"I'm Brielle." she smiled.

"Chay, why you looking like that ?" Mai asked.

"Because she not Auntie Kae." Chay answered.

"I bet you I'm way better than Auntie Kae." she said imitating Chay.

"Bri, you gotta go." I sighed. She walked out, but not before kissing my cheek. Shit. Everybody just looked at me. "We need to go." I said and we got in the car. T is meeting up with us at the airport.

"August, ya' know you're in trouble right?" Chandra said texting on her phone from the passenger seat.

"No shit." I said bluntly. She rolled her eyes.