Chapter 24: The girl that captured her heart

Mika grasped as the first few pages of the black notebook overwhelmed her. It was filled with neat writing-Ara's writing. 

Her palms were sweating with that Pandora's box just before her eyes. A small part in her was telling her to stop because what she's about to do isn't right. Heck she could even be sued for breach of privacy and the nagging voice inside her head wasn't helping at all. It was taunting her what she would actually feel if she was on Ara's shoes and someone read her journal without any permission. She weighed the consequences of her actions however it did little to stir her decision. Her curiosity, unfortunately, got a hold of herself and immersed her in the contents of the journal. The consequences could wait and if she ever end up in jail, so be it. With her mind finally made up she slowly started her journey of seeing through the Ara she knew and bit by bit, things began to unfold on her starting from 3 years ago.

***

It was a busy Sunday morning dahil isa-isa nang nangbabalikan ang mga estudyante mula sa kani-kanilang probinsya. Bukas na bukas din kasi ay simula na ng isa na namang madugong semestre. But before that, the La Sallian community prepared this day a special event to welcome the new breeds of green blooded legends. There would be a lot of fun activities as it is a day to remember as the freshman embraced a new chapter in their lives-- college.

La Salle had a very welcoming and festive atmosphere once you stepped inside. That day was a big welcoming event for freshman and the list of activities in lined included that of a tour around the campus which was currently taking place. It is done annually so as to make sure the new students wouldn't have a hard time finding their buildings, classrooms and other facilities during their first day. After the tour the students could check out the booths where they could win cool prizes with their new found friends, block mates, high school batch mates and the likes. This has been the culture in the university for quite a while now as a means to integrate relationship and establish social activity among students particularly with their block mates. The day would then be ended with band performances. Among those that would be performing were Bamboo, Parokya ni Edgar, Callalily and Eraserheads.

Katatapos lang ng campus tour at marami nang naggagalang mga grupo ng frosh pero napagdesisyunan ni Ara na pumunta na muna ng dorm kung saan bigla n'yang nakasalubong si Kim sa daan na pareho nilang labis ikinatuwa.  

"Victo?"

"Kimpoy?"

Both of them called in a not so sure tone.

"Victo!" Kim exclaimed when she was sure that she was really talking to her good friend. She ran towards her and gave her a warm hug like they hadn't seen each other in ages. Well, sure they do since their provinces are miles apart but it wasn't as if they did not see each other last summer and not to mention, they almost literally grew up together. Ara, on the other hand just chuckled at the sudden gesture.

"Saan ka pala?" Kim asked.

"Dorm"

"Oh? San ga dorm mo?" Kim asked in her very strong Batangueña tone to which Ara have been used to since they were kids.

"Immaculate Concepcion."

"Talaga? Dun din ako eh. Dormmates pala tayo di ka nagsasabi." Alam nila na sa iisang unibersidad sila papasok pero ni minsan ay hindi nila napag-usapan kung saan sila titira kaya ganun na lang ang gulat nila. 

"Para namang nagtanong ka."

"Ulol!" Kim blurted out which gained an exchange of laugh from the two.