The Manhattan Scroll (Part 2 )

Author’s note:

To readers: Thank you so much for reading ALTERNATE! I really hope that you guys enjoy the series! Next week is going to be the last episode before the summer hiatus (June 3rd – July 11th) as I’m working on a summer miniseries J hope you enjoy! And happy summer everyone!

Dr Eve’s House, New York, 3123

Someone knocked on the door. ‘I’ll get it, Doctor Eve!’ Lea said. ‘Thank you, Lea! If they’re looking for me, say that I’m on the shower!’ Dr Eve said. ‘Got it!’

Lea opened the door. She expected some doctor that came, but instead, ‘Mr. President!’ Lea was surprised. ‘Hello, Lea. May I come in?’ he asked. ‘Sure! This is technically your house, though. Doctor Eve is in the shower, so I guess you have to wait,’ she told him. ‘That’s okay,’ Mr. President said.

‘Would you like some tea?’ she asked.

‘Jasmine, please. With extra honey. And no sugar,’

‘I’ll do it,’ she said, and then she walked to the kitchen.

‘Who was that?’ Dr Eve asked. She was on her robe, with her ponytail hair. She looked really happy after having a shower. She smelled good too. Rose, or something.

‘It was your son, or, the President,’ Lea answered. ‘and I’m making him a jasmine tea with extra honey,’ she said.

‘Jacob’s here?’ Dr Eve was surprised. Lea nodded. ‘OH, JACOB!’ she shouted, and then went to the living room.

‘Doctor Eve!’ Jacob Lincoln said, and then they hugged each other. ‘It’s been a long time! Where have you been? And making Lea do jobs for you? You naughty boy!’ Dr Eve said. ‘I’m great, Mom. And she asked would I want some tea, so... I asked her to make me one,’ he answered.

‘Here’s your tea, Mr. President,’ Lea said, and then she put the cup on the table. She looked the happy mother and son. Dr Eve hugged his son, and so Mr. President. ‘You guys have some similarity on the face,’ Lea said.

Dr Eve laughed. ‘Maybe because you looked at me too much, darling. Now, I’m going to change my clothes, and we’re going to visit Jacob’s workplace!’

Mr. President laughed. ‘Thank you, Lea, for the tea.’

‘Pleasure. So, what brings you here?’ she asked. I mean, not every day a president visit your house, right?

‘I wanted to see you, and take you to my office. There’s something I need to show to you,’ the president said. Lea looked curious.

‘May I ask what is that?’ she asked.

‘I’m afraid you will know later. From now on, you will be under my watch. I will watch everything you do, even when you’re sleeping. You might be sent by the Alternate, but we have to make sure that you didn’t leak anything to them. We trust you, and you should trust us too,’ he said.

Lea looked guilty. ‘There’s something I need to say. I don’t know how that happened, but when I checked my phone, I saw a message from my boyfriend there, Gary Calais. And he said that they have new national day, 9/11. He said that 9/11 is National Cross-Over Day, because that day, they finally find a way to visit our universe. I don’t know how in the world that message can come to my phone, but I guess Gary doesn’t know that I’m here,’ Lea said.

‘Thanks for telling us, Lea. We really appreciate it.’

Dr Eve came back from her room, and she was fully dressed. ‘Now come, we have a big house to see,’ she said.

Big House, New York, 3123

‘Dr Eve, why should we come here?’ Lea asked. ‘Well, this is Jacob’s work place, and I want you to know about this place,’ she said. ‘Actually, mom, I want Lea to see something. Not just seeing my workplace,’ Jacob explained.

James Kane suddenly came, he looked grateful. ‘Mr President. Thank God you’re here! Can you come to my office for a minute?’ he asked. Jacob Lincoln nodded.

‘We’ll meet you at the cafe,’ Dr Eve said, and she and Lea walked downstairs, to the cafe together.

‘I hope you have something important to report,’ Mr President said.

‘Indeed, Jacob. I found out that the Alternate can cross over now,’ James said. The president laughed as they walk to James’ office. ‘Why are you laughing?’ James asked.

‘I already know that, Minister Kane. Lea Kerr told me. I think they’ve finally figure out how to make their world vibrancy vibrance the same as our world,’ Mr President explained.

Minister Kane looked disappointed. ‘But, well, I bet you didn’t know about this,’ he said as he open his office’s door. His office was a rectangle room with a working desk, two shelves full of books, and a mini bar. And standood near the minibar, the blonde version of Jacob Lincoln.

‘Close the door, please.’

Mr President’s Office, Big House, 3123.

‘I thought we are going to the cafe!’ Lea whispered. ‘The President wants you to have this!’ Dr Eve said as she took something from his desk.

‘Oh my God! Is that Manhattan Scroll?’ Lea was surprised. ‘I was about to get arrested because I stole that!’ she said. ‘And now you have to open it,’ Dr Eve said.

Lea held the scroll carefully. And then she went to the corner of the room, and opened it carefully. The scroll was full of moving pictures. And, slowly, it showed her what happened when the terrorist attacked. She saw something that was really awful. People got killed, bombs everywhere. But there’s something that made her heart stopped. The pictures faded, and became writing.

Greetings, readers. We want to tell you that this is what happened in 2023. Chaos everywhere. And, if you receive this, I want you to help us: find Regina Kerr. She’s the one behind this, and I hope that you will understand. Thank you very much.

Washington D.C., 2023

Ryder Collins

President of America

----------------------------------------

WOOHOOOO Manhattan Scroll Part 2 is finished! And now, promo for next episode!

EPISODE 10 PROMO:

Alternate Episode 10: Alliance (Part 1)

It’s part one of the big, massive and thrilling mid-season finale!

As Lea Kerr found the truth about her mother, she tried to tell Jacob about that, when she met the Alternate Jacob Lincoln. She wants the both universe to make an alliance to save their own universe, because the one terrorist that destroyed both Americas thousand years ago was the one and only Regina Kerr, president of the alternate USA. And also, Lea’s best friend, Victoria Angela, came to the USA and might bring some trouble.