BX2D90's Anatomy

The President’s Room, Protection Tank, 3123

James Kane came out from the lift in front of the President’s room and entered it. The President was working on his table, typing something on his laptop while his computer tablet was accessing some confidential program.

‘Good to see you, James.’ The President smiled. James smiled back, but he didn’t come to have some cheesy talk with the President. ‘Okay you can tell me why you’re here,’ the President said.

James opened his tablet and opened a program. ‘So, Mister President, our Scientist was just gave me an email about this unknown object found in the toilet,’ he said. He showed the President the email.

‘Okay James I know you’re Harvard drop out but I don’t know what the hell is that,’ the President said. James showed him a detailed, complex unknown object called BX2D90. ‘And, BX2D90? What kind of name is that?’

James closed the President’s room door, and he moved the email from his tablet to the big screen. ‘BX2D90 is an unknown object found in the toilet. This thing is a form of unknown atoms that we don’t know. I mean, I think you know that water is H2O, which means, water was made from two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. But BX2D90, we don’t know what atoms made BX2D90. They’ve tried to remake the object using atoms that are on the periodic table, but the result doesn’t even near the BX2D90,’ James explained.

‘Who named it? I mean, of course you won’t know how to remake it if you are the one who named it,’ the President sarcastically said.

‘We’re not stupid, Jacob. Dr. Lee did a research through our databases, and he found a match, it was named thousand years ago,’ James explained.

‘And?’

‘This very thing was used when Regina Kerr attacked us 1000 years ago,’

Protection Tank Hospital, Room 529, 3123

‘Feeling better, Lea?’ Dr. Eve asked. She opened the room’s window curtain, and gave Lea her medicine. ‘I hope you’ll feel better because I was just gave you a surgery to help you so you won’t die. That bullet? It was poisonous. You’re lucky someone saved you,’ Dr. Eve said.

‘Thanks Dr. Eve. I feel so much better,’ Lea said. Dr. Eve smiled. She poured some water on a glass, and gave it to Lea. ‘And by any chance, do you know who saved me?’ Lea asked.

‘Oh, he’s waiting outside. He’s been waiting since he saved you, he hasn’t leave. I’ll leave you, and you’re going to thank him,’ Dr. Eve said. Lea nodded, and Dr. Eve called the guy that saved Lea. When Lea saw him, she was surprised. The guy’s was amazing. He has wavy dark brown hair with clean shaved face and blue eyes. He wore grey t-shirt, and he seemed happy.

He entered the room and smile. ‘Hey,’ he said. Lea smiled. ‘Your name’s Lea Kerr, right? I’m—I’m the one who saved you. Ahha, that sounded cheesy,’ he said.

‘No it’s not. Thank you for saving my life. I owe you one. What’s your name?’ Lea asked. The guy smiled. When he smiled, Lea could saw his strong jawline.

‘Gideon. I’m Gideon Funkman,’ he said.

‘Funkman. That’s weird. But thanks, Gideon. I don’t know what will happen if you didn’t save me,’ Lea said. Gideon smiled. It’s weird. He smiled a lot. ‘Why are you smiling?’ Lea asked.

‘I don’t know. I’m just happy to save you. You know, you don’t save people every day,’ he said. Lea laughed.

‘Of course. That’s an excuse. We should buy some coffee sometimes, after we go back to the Aboveland, because I’m sick being in the Underland. I hate the smell of the tank. It’s horrible,’ Lea explained.

‘Well, yeah, it is. But it’s the only place to keep us safe, even though after the shooting on the masquerade, I’m not so sure,’ he said. ‘I’ve lived in New York for hundreds of years, but I’ve never felt this unsafe before,’

‘Well, you know the saying. Just because it’s secured, doesn’t mean its safe,’ Lea said.

‘It’s true.’ Someone said. Gideon turned himself around and he saw the President, some agents and the Minister of Defense in front of him.

‘Mister President! I’m sorry, I was about to leave,’ Gideon said. The President nodded, and his agent opened the room’s door. Gideon took one last look at Lea, and mouthed ‘I’ll wait outside,’ and then he left.

‘Close the door, please,’ the President commanded, and his agents closed the door. ‘So, you made new friends,’ he commented Lea and Gideon’s friendship.

Lea smiled sarcastically. ‘Yeah. Is that a problem? And by the way, I want to ask something. When I first stole the scroll from the Big House in my homeland, I was told that you needed my help. And now? I didn’t do anything except have to run from my universe’s army, got poison shot on the chest, and knowing the fact that my mom is a terrorist!’ Lea shouted. ‘I came here because I believe you needed my help but no! You don’t! I don’t even know what’s going on right now!’

The President smiled. ‘Well, good to know that you’re ready for your assignment. First, we want to know what is element BX2D90,’ he said.

‘That’s easy. BX2D90 is a compound made by us to protect ourselves. If can make you live longer, but once the compound touched your skin, your DNA will be sent to the Human Database in my land, and you’ll be on The Alternates watch ever since,’ she explained.

‘BX2D90 is a liquid, and it should be made from a lot of atoms. But what are the atoms? We couldn’t find it,’ James asked.

‘Of course you won’t find it. Unlike your land, my land can make things out of nothing. And BX2D90 is one of a lot of compound that was made out of nothing. It consists of 2 Baxovirelle atoms, and 90 Dormigent atoms. And yes, it was named after the maker,’

‘So you people are trying to be God. Make something out of nothing,’ James concluded.

‘Even God Himself made things not out of nothing. The universe was created by big bang or something. The earth itself was made from rocks that are flying around in the universe,’ Lea defensively said.

‘So you’re trying to be greater than God. And one thing: he created something out of nothing. The whole universe? He created it, and he created it out of nothing,’ James said.

‘We’re not talking about God, James. Now may I ask you how did you guys make it?’  The President asked.

‘I wish I knew. The Creators, the people that made these things in the nation’s database, don’t exist. They live in a very secured place, a place that can only be visited by the President of the USA or, people that are certified to be a creator. They have to be graduated from a secret university, and it’s hard to join the Creator,’ Lea said.

‘Okay, Lea. You said that you need an assignment. We’re going to give you one. We want you to pretend to be a Creator, get inside, and find out what’s their plan. About the data and such, we can fake it. Do you want to do it?’ The President asked. Lea was shocked. What should she say? When she’s about to answer, out there somewhere, a gun was fired, and everyone screamed.

_______________

What should Lea say? Yes or No?

Alternate Episode 15 Promo

Alternate, Episode 15: Sasha Robinson

The US’s Defensive Department created a new identity for Lea Kerr. But will Lea accept it?