The Alternates

NEW YORK, 3123

‘She has a low blood pressure!’ said a doctor. ‘Come faster! She needs help!’ a nurse screamed. ‘Where did you find her?’ a woman asked. ‘We found her floating on someone’s pool!’ the nurse yelled angrily. ‘Get out of our way!’

‘Is she okay?’ the nurse asked. The doctor didn’t answer. ‘Doctor, I asked, is she okay?’ The doctor still didn’t answer. ‘Doctor? Are you okay?’ she asked. ‘NO!’ the doctor screamed. He was shaking. ‘Doctor? Doctor, are you okay?’ the nurse asked. ‘I SAID NO, YOU LITTLE RAT!’ the doctor screamed, and then he was burst, his whole body was torn, and his heart went out from his chest.

The nurse screamed. ‘DOCTOR!!’

BIG HOUSE, NEW YORK

‘It happened again, Mr President!’ Mr President Secretary sounded afraid. ‘I know, Monic. I even know that they’ve finally come here, but what can I do? Our only hope is the alternates, and they haven’t answered us yet!’

‘There has to be a way,’ she urged. ‘Yes, Monic. But we haven’t found it... yet.’

‘Mr President, they’ve arrived,’ said one of the President’s guards. ‘Who?’

BIG HOUSE LAB, NEW YORK

‘Her atoms were torn, Mr President. She shouldn’t be survived, but strangely, she survived.’ The Scientist looked over Lea’s body. ‘There’s nothing strange about that, Dr. Lee.’ The President murmured.

 ‘Oh, strangely, what happened to Ms. Kerr is completely strange. All the things that happen, people that burst and stuff, it happened because their atoms were torn, just like what happen to Ms Kerr. That’s why, when the atoms trying to adapt with the situation from this world... they burst. They fly everywhere, because there’s a difference – huge difference between our world’s vibrancy and theirs,’ Dr Lee said.

‘So are you saying that these people that burst and stuff—they’re alternates?’

‘I believe they are, Mr President. And they were sent here because The Alternates’ government experimenting on them. They want to find out will the alternates survived if they come here,’ Dr Lee said.

‘Why do they do that? Do they want to attack us or something?’

‘That, I don’t know. But these people—they were experiments. And Ms Kerr is the only one that survived from this experiment,’

The President sighed. ‘I’ll come back later, Dr Lee. Please tell me if you find anything interesting,’ said the President. Dr Lee nodded. ‘As you wish, Mr President.’

ALTERNATE BIG HOUSE LAB

‘Any news on Lea Kerr?’ The General asked the Scientists that worked there. ‘I believe we have some good news,’ The Scientist smirked. ‘We believed that Lea Kerr has landed on the other universe,’ she said. ‘That’s good news, I guess.’ The General didn’t sound as excited as the Scientist expected. The Scientist looked like offended. ‘Sir, that’s great news!’ she assist. ‘So what? You’ve sent like what? 40 innocent citizens there and they all died. So that’s not great at all,’

‘I haven’t told you the best part—Lea Kerr didn’t die. Her atoms can resonance with the other universe’s vibrance, so she didn’t burst,’ The Scientist smirked again. The General raised one of his eyebrows. ‘How about the plan?’ he asked. ‘Well, I guess our plan will work perfectly. She brought The Scroll with her,’

The General looked happy. ‘Good. Now that our plan is working, we shouldn’t worry about them anymore. They will get what they want,’

____________________

That’s chapter 2! So I hope you guys like it! And do you want spoilers? Just follow my twitter: http://twitter.com/aloysiusefraim! Thanks J