The Manhattan Scroll (Part 1)

THE WHITE HOUSE, ALTERNATE WASHINGTON D.C., 2023

It was the coldest night ever. Everybody was scared. The government was scared too. The warning that they got 20 years ago would happen tonight.

‘So, they’re finally coming,’ the President said. ‘And there’s nothing we can do about it?’ some of his minister asked. ‘Unfortunately, no. They’re too strong for us. Their power—they didn’t use an ordinary weapon. They use chemical weapons. Viruses, diseases, many more. We’ve done a great job on evacuating people. But for our own safety... I don’t think we will survive this war,’

‘Any idea on saving us?’ asked a guy. ‘I don’t think we will survive, Kane. That’s what I said. They’re—too strong. Our forces cannot defeat them. Unless we have some kind of big shield to save us from their attack,’ the president said sadly.

‘So, we just have to say goodbye to our family, and then die?’ Minister Kane said. The President nodded. And then no one talked. They were thinking about themselves, about how they would die. ‘I’m sorry, America.’

NEW YORK, 3123

Lea Kerr is finally awake. ‘So she’s okay?’ Mr President asked. ‘She’s completely okay,’ Dr. Lee smiled. ‘Her atoms have fully integrated with our universe’s vibrancy,’ Dr Lee said happily. ‘Hello, Lea!’

‘Where am I?’ Lea asked. She looked confused. ‘You’re in America, and I’m President Jacob Lincoln,’ the President introduced himself. Lea was surprised. ‘Jacob Lincoln? As in, Jacob Lincoln that sent me the message?’ Lea sounded amazed. ‘Yes, that’s me.’

She was thrilled. ‘OH GOD! I can’t believe I’m here! So that’s why The Scientist put me in that sphere,’ Lea said. Her voice was breaking because of her excitement. ‘Don’t get too excited, Ms Kerr. We have a lot to ask,’ The President said flatly. Lea smiled. She’s finally in the other universe.

ALTERNATE WASHINGTON D.C., 2023

The attack began. Big white balls came out from the ground. And inside the ball, there were the terrorist. They sat there, smiled. The first attack began on the Washington Monument. The big white balls came out from the park around the Reflection Pond. The Big White Balls flew around the park, shooted and burnt the whole park.

Everyone inside the White House stood. ‘It has begun,’ the President said. His minister, secretary, everyone, was about to cry. They can hear the sound of the bombs that the terrorist ‘gave’ to the USA.

‘Any idea, president?’ Minister Kane asked, and at the same time, he mocked him. ‘DO NOT MOCK ME, KANE!’ the President shouted. ‘Bring out the defenses. Do what you can do to at least stop them for a moment,’ he said to one of the guards.

The guards ran, he tried to find as many people as he can to help him. ‘EVERYBODY WE HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE! SHOOT STRAIGHT! I KNOW THAT THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, BUT DO THIS FOR OUR COUNTRY,’ he said.

And then the guards went outside the White House and tried to attack the terrorist. But, when they first came out from the building—it wasn’t like everything they’ve seen before. Bunch of flying white balls – with some kind of shotgun on its side – floated right in front of the White House, ready to burn the building down. Ready to destroy the building.

I’d like to meet your president. We’ve destroyed half of D.C. If he doesn’t show up until midnight in the National Archives, the era of the States will finally over,’ the voice of one of the terrorist echoed all over D.C. The President, who was inside the building, heard it. ‘I knew you heard it, Mr President. Consider my offer,’

And then, the flying white balls flew to the National Archives. ‘Sir, what do you want to do?’ his Secretary asked, and she was afraid. ‘I’m going to see him. But I need two of the best guards to accompany me,’ the President said.

_______________

So that’s the end of Episode 5, THE MANHATTAN SCROLL (pt. 1)! Part 2 will be continued, but episode 6 is not The Manhattan Scroll (pt. 2)! We’ll see what happened in 2023 later! And I hope you like this episode as much as I do!

And after episode 5 I’m going to have a week hiatus (as I’m continuing REDJ)

Follow my twitter for spoilers and such! http://twitter.com/aloysiusefraim