Chapter 59

***Troye's P.O.V.***

If I didn't tell him soon, he would find out. Actually, it didn't matter when or if I even told him. He was going to find out.

"Troye, what's wrong?" He asked, his voice shaking.

"The boy in the picture" I took a deep breath, "His name is Tyler"

"Ok, well who is he?" Connor asked, taking my hands to assure me he wasn't going to get mad at me. How could he be so calm about this?

"He's my ex boyfriend, the one who abused me" I sniffled as the tears continued running down my pale skin.

Connor looked at me, his mouth a gape, clearly speechless.

"When's the last time you saw him?" He asked, taking my torso and pulling it close to his warm body.

I didn't want to have to answer that question. I didn't want to have to tell him that it was before I left to go to New York. I didn't want to have to tell him that he told me he loved me. But I had to.

"Before I left for New York" I looked down at the floor.

"So..." I could see Connor looking at me from the corner of my eye. "What happened?" he released his arms from around me.

"I..." I didn't exactly know what to say to him, or how to say it to him, I just let the words roll of my tongue. "He came over, and I wasn't expecting him to, and he was sober, and he told me he still loved me and that was why he sobered up and I told him I used to love him and-"

I felt Connor hands brush up on my face, wiping away the saltwater, dulling the stinging from my face.

"It's okay," he put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side. "Are you sure you actually loved him?"

His question wasn't one I had ever faced. Of course I loved him. But, is it possible to have loved something. If you truly do love something, you'll love it for all eternity, therefore loved isn't a realistic word, if you loved something, you're lying.

"I don't know" was my final answer.

"You don't still love him... do you?" Connor eyes sparkled with a glassy coating.

"Of course I don't, Connor I love you, and nothing is going to change that!" But maybe something would.

Maybe I don't actually love him and he'll start drinking too. Maybe this relationship will turn out likes Tyler's.

Troye are you being fucking serious?

There's no way. I am sure I'm in love with Connor Franta. He knows what I've been through he wouldn't ever start drinking and abusing me the way Tyler did.

"I love you too" Connor's lips turned upward and he leaned in, pressing his chest to mine and putting his arms around my back in a hug.

"How about we get you some Indian food and we can go watch some TV?" He suggested knowing that that was one way to put me at ease.

"okay" my lips quirked up through the tears that were still sliding down my face.

He got up from the bed, turning and outstretching his hand to me so I could take it.

Placing my cold hand in his warm ones, he helped me up, and brought me downstairs along with him.

When we reached the last step, my dad caught a glance with me, by his facial expressions, I knew he had seen my red and puffy face.