Chapter 8

***Connor's P.O.V.***

I must've practiced the speech over one million times. I have to read it in front of nearly 1000 people, possibly more. I put the piece of paper in my suit, that Dan came over early to give to me. I walk out from my room and Dan laces his hands together and looks at me in awe.

"Ok, perfect, just one thing..." he walks over and takes my tie readjusting it.

"Now it's perfect"

"Thank you Daniel"

"Not a problem Mr.Franta"

"You can go to the limo it's pulled up already, I'll be out shortly"

"Of course, take your time" He smiles, nods, and shuffles out the door.

I turn back to the window. I don't know why I keep buying rooms and apartments with huge windows overlooking the cities because all it does Is brings back memories of my past. The cars especially. Living in the city sometimes I look down and see a car crash or something and I have to look and away and walk into another room.

When my thoughts are starting to float away, I go downstairs and out front to the limo. I am delightfully surprised to see Bethany, Zoe, and Dan all in the limo already, all dressed very nicely.

"Looking lovely ladies"

"Very handsome Mr.Franta" Zoe smiles.

"Why thank you Zoe"

"Everyone has everything ready right?"

"Yes" they all say in sync.

"Well, then bring on the show!"

We all have a glass of wine and go over the models routines and when the speech will be said and breaks throughout the show and all of that stuff.

"So we're set?" Beth smiles.

"Work well done everyone, how about a toast" I raise my glass as does everyone else, clinking them together and taking a sip.

As we pull up to the venue I start to get anxious again. I can see the other limos pulling up probably carrying famous designers, the models, and many other important people. We get out the paparazzi immediately in our faces, as much as I want to shove them out of the way I have to smile. As always.

"Mr. Franta! What's your favorite thing about the fashion industry?!"

"The amazing people I get to work with!" I yell back to the reporter flashing a smile.

Whatever I say or do is going to be on the cover of almost every magazine in a few days. So with that being said I have to be careful of what I put out there.

We walk to the backstage of the venue, greeting people who have just walked in and such on the way. I see the models and the hair stylist doing the models makeup.

That's when I turn around.

I see a boy.

A young boy.

One who is fit for a model.

However,
He has a black eye.

"BETHANY!" I instantly yell.

She comes rushing to my side, "what is it?!" She asks.

"You uh, you got me a model with a black eye!"

"No, no I didn't who?!"

I point to the young boy.

"I swear, he didn't have one yesterday, I'm sure makeup can fix it." she starts to get pale.

"Bring him over here" I snap.

She walks over to him giving him and quick chat before bringing his skinny body over to me.

"What happened to you?" I ask both sympathetic and angry.

"I uh, I accidentally, I knocked into a... wall" it comes out more like a question than an answer.

"Is that so?" He nods, "what's your name?"

"Troye" he looks down, almost as if he's scared.

"Troye." I circle around him, I remember his name from the model name list. Spelled with an e. "Nice to meet you Troye"

"And to you" he still makes no eye contact.

"Do you know who I am?" He looks down. Making no movement. Then slowly he shakes his head.

"You don't, well, nice to meet you, I'm Mr. Franta," I pause. "your boss" At this he looks up in a flash.

When he looks up I notice beyond the black eye and I can see his eyes are blue. He has a slight curl in his hair lying flat, and he has an almost, scared look.

"I-I'm sorry"

"Not a problem, go get to hair and makeup" with this he rushes off.

I turn to Bethany, a shocked look upon her face.

"You scared him" she says firm.

"He needed it, goofing off the day before a fashion show" With that the conversation ends and my cue is said for me to go on stage.

I walk out getting an applause from the audience.

"Thank you, thank you" I place my hands on the podium, and the crowd calms down. "Were gathered here today to celebrate the brilliant art I call fashion. I've been in the fashion industry for many years. As you all know my grandmother helped me to venture into the fashion industry. She was such a blessing, and I would like to take a moment of silence in her remembrance" I stop talking, as does the small whispers from the crowd.
I think about her and the way she took me in and took care of me and accepted me even when I came out to her. A true blessing.

"Thank you, now I would also like to give a giant thank you to my amazing team, Dan Howell, Zoe Sugg, and Bethany Mota, thank you for all of your support. I want to thank our makeup and hair team and everyone working at Vogue. And... I want to thank the models." I think back to Troye. How nervous he was. How scared he seemed. "And I want to remind them to be confident and... do your best, be yourself. Thank you once again, enjoy the show"

Sivan, Sivan was his last name.

___________________________

Yea yea yea I know his last name is Mellet if you read the other chapters u would know that I know that and it'll make more sense. AND OMG TROYES INTERVIEW AND THEN CONNORS REBLOG ON TUMBLR IM STILL NOT OVER IT. K thanks, i don't have much to write here nothing really exciting comment what color the dress is cause idfk. Cool k.

Twitter: connorfrannie

Xx