Chapter 52

***Connor's P.O.V.*** (for real this time)

I pulled into the parking lot for the second time this night, this time I was much more exhausted and unaccompanied.

I dragged myself to the door of my house and fiddled to my find the key in my pocket, I eventually found it and put it into the key lock. I turned it and opened the door slowly, careful not to make too much noise so I wouldn't wake anyone up. As Troye and Nicola were probably asleep, since it was nearly three a.m.

I closed the door behind me and relocked it before making my way upstairs, I headed to my room and fell onto the bed in tiredness. I picked my phone from my suit jacket pocket and turned it on, the brightness of the lockscreen burning my eyes.

I turned the brightness down and swiped right to go onto my text messages, as it had said I had a few from various people on my lockscreen.

The first text was from Dan, I opened it.

Dan: Sorry about the whole Troye thing earlier, I know you really wanted to see him but I was just very very hungry. Promise it won't happen again!

I groaned knowing very well that this was his way of saying "I hope you're not mad! Don't fire me please!" Which, he was one of my best employees and I wasn't planning on it anyways.

Me: yea, I know it won't happen again because next time Troye needs to be picked up, I'll do it myself. I understand though.

After pressing send I went to the next person who had sent me a message, I was surprised to see it was Bethany.

Bethany: call me when you can!

I read over the time she had sent it and noticed it was an hour ago, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I called her now though.

I went to her contact and pressed the phone icon, it rang a few moments, longer than I anticipated actually, until she finally picked up.

"Connor, hi!"

It felt weird for her to say my first name, but after all she didn't work for me anymore so it was appropriate for her to call me Connor, I mean, all along it was. I just had always preferred people calling me "Mr. Franta".

"Hey, you said for me to call you... What's up?" I asked.

"Oh, well, there's a fashion show here in Paris next week, I have two extra tickets for it... Maybe you would want to come and bring someone" she paused for a moment before saying, "perhaps Troye?" I could imagine the smirk on her face as she had said the last part.

Paris. One of the most romantic cities in the world with the person I loved. Hell yes. But would Troye be able to go? He was an adult now, he should be able to go anywhere he wants without parental consent, but then again he was very close to his family and he was very concerned about their opinions on things. I'm pretty sure I can persuade him pretty easily to go to Paris though.

"I- I would love to go!"

"Great! I'll send all the other details in the email, and you can make sure you really want to go!" She said cheerfully.

"Ok, thank you so much Beth!" I said, enthusiastic over the fact she had offered me the tickets.

"No problem, I'll talk to you later, bye!"

"Bye!"

She was the one to hang up, and at this point I was too tired to check any other messages. I put my phone on my bedside table and made my way to the bathroom to get changed into my pajamas.

I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair before settling into bed.

I pulled the covers over my head body to and lie hearing complete silence.