Chapter 27

***Connor's P.O.V.***

Once in LA we are all driven to our places to stay. I direct the driver to Troye's house. He seems unsure when he pulls into the rocky driveway to the broken down house.

"Are you sure this is it?" He asks.

"I'm positive, and there's no need in getting my bags. I can do that myself" He's almost scared by my unfamiliar behavior.

I thank him and give him a tip, then going back to the trunk I grab my suitcases. I give a final wave before he drives off and I step up to the front door. I look for a doorbell, but find none, so I give two loud knocks.

I wait and hear the footsteps around the house, coming closer to the door.
I'm delighted when Sage opens the door, her face lights up and she smiles.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, in a kind/concerning manner.

"I don't have anywhere to stay and I mean there's a fashion show tomorrow and if I could stay here... I mean... I have an extra ticket" I smirk to bribe her.

"Oh of course you can stay here!" She moves so I can walk in. "and I could take that ticket off your hands."

I laugh and place my suitcases down.

"Where's the rest of the family?" I say mainly wanting to know where Troye is.

"Tyde's in his room, Steele went back to his house, My dad is in the living room, and Troye is in New York" she's out of breath by the time she's done talking. However, I only take one thing away from that.

Troye is in New York.

"Why is Troye in New York?" I ask becoming more upset and worried.

"You didn't know?" She says surprised.

"No, Why is he in New York?" I repeat.

"He's modeling for your magazine" She says, "Bethany called him down and he got on a flight last night"

"oh" I don't want to seem to depressed about it, and I don't want to make it look like that's the whole reason I came.

"So- where should I stay?" I try and lighten up the mood.

"You can stay in Troye's room"

Well at least I get his room.

"right this way" she leads me upstairs with my suitcases rolling up the steps. I decide to hold them to make less noise.

"Here you are" She opens the white-wood door and I walk into a small room with a bed covered in white sheets.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it"

"Not a problem, I'll give you time to unpack" She says walking out and closing the door behind her.

I sit on the rickety bed and look around. On a small side table sits a picture of his entire family. They are all smiling with their arms around each other as an average family photo would be. Then, I walk over to his dresser where there's even more pictures. There's one with a boy with blonde hair, he's wearing glasses, but the picture is blurry so I can't find a good description of him. His arm is around Troye and they are both in a happy state. Then there a picture of me. Its a small wallet size picture of me.

Why does he have a picture of me? Most people might find it to be creepy but I find it to be adorable.

I see that his laptop is still sitting on his desk. I'm surprised he would just leave it there when he's going away.

It takes everything in me not to snoop on it. I almost have a stare down with it and every moment I inch towards it until I'm sitting on the chair in front of it.