Chapter 26

***Troye's P.O.V.***

My father and Sage walk into the door with grieving looks. I can't ask my dad now- of course he would say no. When is there ever a right time to ask him though? I sink back into the couch I've been sitting in for what feels like hours, when it was truly just minutes, just thinking of how to ask.

"So... how'd it go?" I ask trying to start a conversation. Maybe I'd find a Segway into the main topic.

"Went just as any other funeral meeting would go" He sighs and takes a seat on the recliner.

Sage puts her keys on the counter and sits on one of the barstools.

"Yea, we have everything planned. The funeral is in three days." She sighs and looks longingly across the counter.

"I may have some news to cheer you up" Bad timing? Or maybe perfect timing?

"With Mum gone its going to be hard to maintain money and stuff, and well I was offered a job." I wait for reactions.

"That's great, where at?" My dad asks, probably assuming it's all the mall or something.

"Well, it's another modeling job." I pause. "but it's in New York"

The room is silent until my dad pipes up.

"New York?! Troye that's all the way on the other side of the country" He says in amazement.

"I know but I could make a lot of money from it, and I mean I truly love modeling." I put my hands together begging him for acceptance.

"Is this what you really love?" He asks, surprising me when he says it gently.

"Yes." I reply one-hundred and twenty percent sure.

"When must you leave?" He says.

"Well..." I hesitate to say it but I have to. "tonight" I look at the clock by the television.

2:30

"So what do you say?" I ask knowing I have to call Bethany by three with an answer.

"Well, I know you mother would want you to do what you love, and will you be back within three days?" He questions.

"Yes, I promise I won't be late."

"Then you have my approval"

"Thank you so so so much dad! I love you" I hug him and run to my room preparing to call Bethany.

I call her back and barley even get half a ring before she picks up.

"Oh Troye! Great can you come?"

"Yes, what time is my flight" I say enthusiastically.

"It's at seven, so be at the airport and tell the worker at the desk that you're Troye Sivan, model for Connor Franta, she may ask for your ID but once you have the ticket it should be easy from there, and if you need any more help call" Her friendly smile is almost visible through the phone call.

"Great, thank you so much" I wish she knew how much of a service she actually did me.

"Not a problem, good luck on the shoot, I really have to go now! Bye!" With that the call ends.

***

5:45

I share my goodbyes with my family and I wasn't ready for them to cry but I guess it's a lot when your mother or wife just dies and then you're son or brother leaves. I feel bad for leaving them but I know this will benefit them with money and myself with happiness, so in a way everyone wins.