Chapter 20

The past month had consisted of vigorous wedding planning. Kristina refused to wait a year to be wed and refused to get married in the cold, so everything had to be ready by October. Everything was swarming my head as I planned Kristina's wedding: the dress, the cake flavor and style, the place, the menu, the caterer, the band, the infamous 'wedding song' every couple must have, invitation list, save the date cards addressed and sent, the bridal shower and bachelorette party, the bridesmaids' dresses and groomsmen's suits, the flower girl, the centerpieces for the tables, the color ribbon that would form a bow around the chairs, and of course, making plans for Kristina's family to fly to London.

The past month had been insanely stressful, and if I didn't have Liam, I would have probably gone into cardiac arrest.

But today, October 7th, was Kristina's day. The day she had waited for her entire life.

I walked around the dining area, making sure the orchids were perfectly placed in the center of the white tables surrounded by glowing candles, making sure nametags were perfectly placed atop the delicately folded napkins, making sure the band was set up and ready for the reception, making sure the food was well on its way to being cooked and placed in the warm buffet trays. I walked into the room where the ceremony would be held in the beautiful, light cathedral. The white isle was perfectly rolled out, white chairs adorning light gray ribbons were set out in rows all facing a beautiful, rectangular altar displaying various flowers and ribbons. Everything was perfect and orderly. Time to check on the girls.

I walked into the large changing room that smelled of hairspray. "How is everyone?" I asked the 4 girls wearing light gray dresses that possessed light yellow sashes.

"Great!" They all said with happy faces. The dresses Kristina had picked out for us were stunning, the loose material stopped just above our knees, and the small, 2 inch sleeves were decorated with a loose ruffle that laid delicately on each shoulder. My large, 5 inch sash was white, and tied into a large bow in the back. The other bridesmaids' light yellow sashes weren't as thick, but just as beautiful. We all wore light yellow, suede heels that complemented the beautiful gray dresses perfectly. Our hair hung over one shoulder in a low and loose pony-tail ending in large curls, and the hair on the top of our heads had been teased to give the style an elegant and fancy appeal.

"I'm going to go check on the bride," I said with a large smile. "They are letting people inside in 5, and the ceremony will begin in 25!" I exclaimed. I couldn't hide my excitement as I left the bridesmaids dressing room and strolled down the hallway to find extremely large, painted white, wooden doors. I took a deep breath before turning the knob and giving the stunning door a push.

Kristina's POV:

My light smoky eye was applied by a professional make-up artist along with my false lashes, flawless foundation, rosy blush, and light pink gloss. I stared into the full length mirror at my glowing skin adorning a blue, silk robe and my new, flawless face; I had to admit, I looked the best I ever had.

My body jolted when I heard the large white doors being pushed open. "Lexi!" I exclaimed before enveloping her into a bone-crushing hug. The gray, flowing material looked amazing on her, and the yellow heels complemented her long legs. She looked stunning. "You are going to look better than me on my wedding day!" I joked as gave her a nudge.

"Oh please," she rolled your eyes. "Lets get your hair done."

I patiently sat in a chair as Lexi worked away at intricately designing my locks. After a whole pack of bobby-pins and half a can of hair spray, she held a mirror to my face so I could see the reflection of my hair from the mirror behind me. "Wow," I let slip from my lips as I stared at the beautiful up do. My hair was elegantly pulled up into a beautiful mass of messy, yet perfect, swirled curls. Thin fish-tail braids loomed throughout the intricate loops of hair, and I marveled at how someone could have accomplished that in a mere 20 minutes.