Chapter 13

Liam's POV:

I opened the passenger door for Lexi as she clumsily clambered out. Once she found the ground with her feet, I shut the door while shimming my other hand up the back of her football uniform top. My hand didn't make contact with the skin of her nervous body, but the cotton that hugged her torso. Lexi turned her head, and even in the dark of night, her sapphire eyes sparkled brightly captivating every inch of my being. It was only when she stopped walking that I realized her twinkling eyes were glaring into mine like a teacher glaring at a student for sneaking their cell phone under the table. "What?" I concentrated on her soft features that perfectly complemented her button nose, wide-set eyes, and plump lips.

"What is you hand doing?" she questioned.

"Oh, sorry love," I flashed her a wink before slipping my hand back out and flinging my arm around her frame.

I turned the knob after unlocking the door to my apartment and we were greeted by Andy's arms wrapping around our necks and pulling us into a tight hug. "How about that game! Did you enjoy the seats?" Andy's question was directed toward Lexi's surprised face.

"They were amazing," her soft voice answered. "You gave them to us?"

"Yeah," Andy began. "Well really I gave them to Liam as and early birthday present." At this remark, Lexi's bright blue irises looked to me with curiosity, and I could automatically tell what she would ask me.

"August 29," I answered before she could get the question out. "I'll be 22."

Her pink lips formed an 'o' shape, and like always, I couldn't read her emotions or thoughts. She only lets me see through her mind to the questions that she ponders and wants answers to; she makes me feel as if I am not in control. The feeling is new to me, in the past with… her… I always knew everything, that’s why it went to turmoil. Part of me liked the challenge of understanding Lexi, but another part felt vulnerable. I didn't want to get hurt. Again.

Lexi's POV:

I glanced around the room at all of the semi-familiar faces that adorned something representing the Broms. Many had face and body paint and others wore white t-shirts with the West Bromwich Albion logo plastered to the front. There were opened cans of beer scattered across a glass coffee table that sat in front of a black leather sofa. A side table held up a giant, almost empty, bowl of chips next to a jar of half-eaten salsa. My 21 year old… person… friend… Liam, had a well decorated flat that had become tarnished with food, drinks, and careless people. All eyes seemed to be on the television that appeared to be playing back highlights of the soccer match we had just witnessed. I didn't notice Andy and Liam were now in the kitchen chatting, occasionally glancing in my direction, as I scouted out every nook and cranny of the apartment with my eyes as my body remained stationary.

I noticed a familiar face whispering something into the ear of an edgy male with coarse black hairs barely visible on his jaw. Her almond shaped eyes and perfect completion gave her away. I made my way toward the black leather couch Caitlin occupied. "Hey, can I sit with you all?" I asked.

The second she directed her attention to me, she immediately stood up and wrapped her arms around my neck for a quick hug. "Hey Lexi!" she projected. "Of course! Have a seat." Instead of sitting back down in her place, she took a seat on Zayn's legs wrapping her left arm around his shoulders. "We saw you on TV in the front row! How was it?" she asked with enthusiasm.

"It was absolutely amazing," I admitted. "I had so much fun. It was my first soccer game and I can't believe that I got to experience it in person, let alone front row." I noticed their confused looks and realized my mistake. "Sorry," I giggled. "my first football game. We call it soccer in America."