Chapter 5

Liam thanked Sean for the AC/DC t-shirt and waved good-bye before wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me out of the booth and onto my feet. A gasp escaped my mouth and Liam smirked as he turned and headed toward the door.

"Bye guys," I said before lightly jogging to catch up with Liam.

I followed him into the black of the night. He lead me into the back of the parking lot, and there sat a sparkly black Audi sport car. He clicked a button on his keys that made the car unlock. When the lights flashed on the Audi, I realized this was Liam's car. He laughed at my expression standing at the open passenger door. "Hop in."

I slowly walked toward the black vehicle, and awkwardly stepped in so that there was no possibility of having a wardrobe malfunction. I looked up at the laughing male and my forehead creased with disappointment. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"I can't see up your skirt, don't worry," he answered before closing the door. Am I that easy to read?

He got in the car, started up the engine and gazed at me. I was confused as to why the car was still in park. "I can't drive unless I know where I'm going," he said with a smirk.

"Oh, I uh... here," I handed him the card I always kept with me that read the address to the apartment Kristina and I stayed at.

"That only 4 blocks away from me," he said as he put the car in reverse. Great I thought. Just great. I felt uncomfortable with the new knowledge that Liam lived within walking distance from me.

The car sped down the roads, sharply turning at each corner, making every yellow light before it turned red. When we arrived at my apartment, the lights were still off, meaning Kristina was still out. Liam suddenly broke the silence, "I'll walk you in." It wasn't a question. Liam got out of the car and ran around to my side to open my door before I could. He held out his hand to help me out, but I used the side of the car instead. "Haha," he laughed "I'm just trying to help you." I didn't want to answer him so I just put my hand in his as I took my right foot out of the car. I heard his deep chuckle again before he slammed the car door behind me.

This time he didn't offer his hand, he just grabbed mine and headed toward the door clicking a button on his key chain that made the car honk that it was locked. He pushed me in front of him so that I could unlock the door. I opened the tan door and flicked on the light. Liam had no problem barging into my living quarters toward the kitchen. He grabbed a cup from the cabinet and filled it with tap water. He downed the whole glass before setting the cup in the sink. I just stood frozen in front of the closed door. Liam walked toward me and slowly pushed me back against the door, his abdomen pressed into me. The height difference was definitely clear. I could feel his breath on my head, and I was eyelevel with his shoulder that was no more than 2 inches away from me. "We better lock that door, so no one can come in to hurt you," Liam whispered as he reached up and turned the deadbolt, his eyes never leaving mine. He smirked, then walked away back into the kitchen.

"I'm going to run upstairs really quick, make yourself at home," I saw him sitting on our sofa in the living room that jetted off of the kitchen. The remote was in his hand and his feet were propped up on the ottoman. "I guess you already have," I continued. "Be right back." I ran up the stairs into my room, shut the door, and locked it. I slid off my clothes and threw them into the hamper replacing my shoes and jewelry into their proper places. I headed into the closet and grabbed a large lacrosse t-shirt and a pair of oversized sweatpants. I jumped as I tried to pull the thick material up my legs and tied the draw strings tight. I slid on a pair of socks and flopped back down the stairs.

I sat in a chair adjacent from the sofa Liam was sitting on. The television show 'Friends' was playing when I glanced at the screen. Ironically 'Friends' is my favorite show. I watched the screen, but I couldn't concentrate on what was happening with Liam's stare never leaving me. We stayed like this for the whole show. When the theme song for the next episode began, I saw a bright light shine through the window. I jumped up. "I'll get it," I said as if the doorbell had rung. I ran to the door and opened it to find Kristina waving over her shoulder at Andrew. I waved along and ushered Kristina into the apartment.

"Oh my gosh! I have so much to tell you!" she shouted.

I shushed her and mouthed Liam is here.

"Wha..." she began loudly; however, I clasped my hand over her mouth muffling the rest of what she might say.

"Liam is here," I whispered.

"No way," she whispered back. She motioned zipping her mouth closed and throwing away the key. She tiptoed toward the stairs and I turned around to head back to the living room to tell the stranger he could go, but instead found myself face to face with Liam.

"Hi," his husky voice startled me and I slightly jumped. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into him. He smelt amazing, like Armani cologne. I let my arms hang by my side not hugging him back. When he pulled away he winked at me then headed out the door without another word. I locked the door behind him then sank to the floor trying to process everything that had just happened.

Finally, gaining touch with reality, I sprinted up the stairs and busted into Kristina's room. "Holy crap!" she screamed. I obviously caught her off guard.

"Sorry," I apologized flopping onto her bed. "I don't understand what happened." I shook my head trying to rid the memory from my mind. I jotted up and motioned for Kristina to start her story of what had happened with Andrew. "Soooo..."

"Well," she came and sat criss-cross apple sauce on the bed nest to me. "Andrew took me to this beautiful fountain in the middle of a park. Then he gave me a penny and told me to make a wish and throw it into the fountain. When I opened my eyes after making my wish, Andrew was right in front of me," she paused breathing fast "then he kissed me!" she squealed, and I squealed along with her. "Afterwards, he took me to a cute bakery, and bought us a cookie that we shared. It was spectacular! Fheww..." she sighed. "I can't believe he kissed me, I can't believe he likes me."

"Oh please Kristina! A ton of guys like you! The difference here is you like him back, I can see it, you really like him back." I could see the love-struck teenager look in her eyes. She was totally flustered by this guy.

"He's just so... dreamy." I giggled as she flopped back onto the bed. I nudged her with my foot accidently causing her to fall off of the bed. I broke out into a loud stream of laughter eventually falling off of the bed myself. I hadn't noticed that Kristina had been laughing the whole time until she caught her breath and began to question me. "So what happened with Liam?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Liam was here when I got home, so he must have driven you home. What happened?"

"Oh, I mean nothing he just waked in and started watching TV on the couch, he said he would stay until you got here. Nothing eventful."

"But he offered to take you home?" she pressed on.

"Yeah, I guess. But that's just because Kevin was drunk, and he didn't want me to go with a drunk person." That probably wasn't the best thing to say.

"So he was worried about you! Oh my gosh! Lexi, I think Liam likes you."

"No he doesn't..." at that I got up and headed toward the bathroom that adjoined our rooms. "Goodnight Kristina."

"Goodnight Lexi," Kristina mocked me as I strutted into my room.

I turned out the lights and pulled the covers over the shoulder. I began to drift of into sleep when I heard my phone buzz on the nightstand beside me. I glanced at my phone and the bright light made my eyes hurt. 1:30! I had no idea it was this late. I unlocked my phone and opened the message that read I'm picking you up tomorrow at 7:00. Look nice babe xx:)-Li. What am I going to do? This wasn't exactly a question. I don't want to go out with Liam. He intimidated me. But then again, I got the feeling that I didn't have a choice. Tomorrow night, I would be with Liam. Liam Payne.