Chapter 10

"I thought we were going to a party?" I questioned as we pulled up in front of large building with large windows that appeared to be locked and vacant.

"We are," he said as he gave me a subtle smirk.

Liam opened the passenger door for me, and once on my feet, his arm hugged my waist and pulled me into his side. We walked toward a red telephone booth that somehow seemed to be different than the rest in London. The box only contained windows to the outside world on the door, and there was no phone or dial present. Liam placed his hand on a blue scanner that was built into the side of the telephone booth, and after about 5 seconds, the blue screen turned green. A small metal circle of the red telephone booth slid to the side exposing a black speaker Liam put his mouth inches from the speaker and firmly stated "Liam Payne." It only took a second for red metal circle to slide back over the speaker concealing it from us. Liam opened the door to the telephone booth and ushered me in before stepping in himself. This time, two red circles uncovered two small scanners that looked identical to the plate on the outside that scanned Liam's hand. Liam put his eyes as close as he could to the plates having to bend his knees to stay level with the two objects in the booth. After another 5 seconds the plates turned green and were again hidden by the red metal. Liam firmly stated aloud: "87767." I heard three beeps and I clung to Liam in fear of where we were and the high-tech entry this phone booth required. After the third beep, the glass on the door turned slate and was no longer transparent, and the floor began to move down.

We descended into another telephone booth, and once the floor stopped moving, we were able to step out of the phone booth, without Liam's identification, into a modern, party atmosphere.

There was a large pool table in the center of the room, and in the back corner was a bar. I spotted French-style glass doors off two the side of the room that contained a large table surrounded by office chairs. My curiosity was sparked and I headed toward the room.

Before I could grab the handle, My arm was tugged forcing me around, "That room is off limits, bathrooms are next to the bar." I was completely speechless as I took in my surroundings. "You okay?" Liam asked with a smirk spreading on his face.

"Where are we?" I asked in a whisper.

"A friend's house."

"Was that the only entrance?"

"Yes."

"Why is it so high-tech?" I wanted to meet this friend of his.

"He is a millionaire, and does what he wants."

"Have I met him?"

"No."

"Can all of these people get in with their handprint?" I pressed on.

"No, just a few."

"How did they all get in?" I questioned expecting him to be able to answer all of my questions.

"Well how did you get in?" The phone booth was big enough for possibly 4 at a time, but then they would know how get in if they somehow acquired Liam's prints and eyes.

"But now all of these people know how to get in."

"No," he began. "Not completely, we get a different password every day that we have to say after our eyes are scanned."

"Why are you telling me?" If the entrance was supposed to be a secret, why did Liam so easily tell me the left out piece of the puzzle.

"I trust you."

I glanced around at the full room noticing we were probably the last ones to arrive. "Are we late?" I questioned.

"Just a bit. Those already in here only witnessed someone scan their hand so that they would not see but one of the secretes to enter this place." Knowing my next question, he already began to answer it, "I had to do all of the tests because Andy said he would reactivate them all, just in case, at exactly 8:45. He told us that if we were late, we wouldn't be able to come in because he didn’t want anyone to see any more than the hand scan. But I trust you." I felt special being able to see all of the hidden features of that telephone booth.