Chapter 17

I got back to my new, extremely well decorated, flat about 9:00a.m. after using Liam's car to drop my mom off at the airport. Liam's birthday was tomorrow and I had planned on taking Kristina to go gift shopping until I opened the front door. I spotted a shaking Niall in one of the black dining chairs at the glass table.

"Niall?" I questioned furrowing my brow.

"Oh Lexi thank God! We have to go now," I was super confused by the boy who practically leaped out of the chair and grabbed my wrist dragging me back out of the apartment, around the corner, and to his Volkswagen. "Get in," he stated before rushing in himself and starting up the engine.

Once we were a good 3 blocks away from the complex, I looked over to Niall for an explanation. "So, are you going to tell me why you are kidnapping me?"

"Oh, yeah, Kristina went to another job interview and I didn't want her to get home and see me there," he informed, leaving me still in a heap of confusion.

"Right, so that makes total since," I expressed in a sarcastic tone with a smirk.

"Oh, sorry, right… uh… I need your help," he stuttered. "I am uh… later tonight I'm taking Kristina to the shack, you know, where I work. And uh… well I have a dinner planned for us. I'm going to cook, and we are going to eat outside in the back patio. I've reserved it for us, and made up a little table and it looks over the lake and it will be cute, but anyway," he shook his hands as if trying to direct himself back onto the main point. "I am… well… I need your help."

"NIALL!" I shouted not being able to take his blabbering much longer.

"I want you to help me pick out a ring… I'm proposing."

I sat there with the biggest grin ever plastered to my face, Niall glanced quickly over at me before his cheeks flushed red.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Is it too ear…"

"Niall," I cooed. "She is going to say yes you know that right?"

"I hope so." His face became a brighter shade of red as he continued to drive down the road.

We pulled up in front of a large mall, different than the one I had ever been too. I began to read the sign that stated all of the stores and realized why I had never been here, all of these stores were designer and way out of my range of affordable.

Niall took a quick glance at a map before walking to an elevator with me right at his heels. His shaky finger pushed the number 5 button and we flew to the top level of the mall. When the doors opened, we weren't greeted with people strolling down open halls lined with stores like the first floor, but workers dressed up in black and white and people surrounding large jewelry cases. I looked up at the large light blue sign in front of me, and in white letters read 'Tiffany & Co.'

Niall and I walked around the store looking at rings that were shot down by my scrunched up face every time… until one. I gasped as I stared down at the perfection in front of me. "What is it?" Niall asked. "The one?"

"No, I mean it’s the one, but not for Kristina, me. For when I get married," I explained.

Before I could continue moving, one of the superbly dressed workers behind the counter asked, "Would you like to try it on?" I looked at Niall for approval and he just smirked and nudged my arm. I knew he wouldn’t mind. "Size?" the man asked.

"7," I smiled.

He helped me slip on the ring that fit perfectly onto my left finger. "It's called the Tiffany Legacy," he informed us. Niall was peering down at the intricate diamonds that were imbedded in the ring on my finger. As I was looking down, my eye caught sight of something in the case below my hand.

"Nialler," I nudged him. "Look," I pointed to the beautiful ring that sat perched on a stand against a blue felt material.

"What is that one called?" he asked in awe.

"Tiffany Grace," the worker replied. We watched him take out the beautiful ring containing the princess-cut diamond and place it onto my left ring finger once he had removed the other.

"Tiffany Grace. That’s the one," Niall said with positively.

Niall clutched the little blue bag to his chest as we walked out of the mall, a permanent smile was glued to his face. Kristina was going to be engaged! I was so incredibly happy for them. I began mapping out plans for the wedding in my head when Niall interrupted my thoughts. "Lexi, can you walk home from my flat, I need to change and I don’t want to be late."

"Sure thing Nialler," I smiled. Conveniently, Niall lived only 5 and a half blocks away from Caitlin. I got out of the car and squeezed Niall tightly into my embrace. "She is going to say yes, don’t be nervous." I gave him a huge smile before turning on my heel to start home.

I felt my self walking home with a large grin on my face. I couldn’t help but be happy for Kristina and Niall. I shook the thoughts from my head as I rounded the third block knowing if I walked into the flat with this expression, Kristina would think something of it. Just then, I felt a rough tap on my shoulder. I spun on my heel and instantly recognized the tall figure toped with ashy-brown locks. His green/grey eyes peered down at me.

I looked at the object he held tightly in his right fist and my body froze. "Wha…" I began, but I couldn’t get one word out before everything went black.

____________Author's Note______________

What do you think is going to happen? Who do you think it is? Do you think Niall go through with the proposal? Do you think Kristina will say yes? Comment what you think, and thank you so much for reading I appreciate it greatly!:)

p.s. I'm holding the next chapter hostage until this one gets 5 votes;) or 3 votes and 2 comments:) And I'm sorry for any typos:( I try to go back, but I don't think I catch them all. Love you all!

-AgAu52xx

Sapphire *One Direction* [Liam Payne]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara