Chapter 9

Niall and Kristina had been spending a lot of time together. It was now Thursday, June 6th, and I was getting used to the idea of living in London. When Kristina was with Niall, all of her worries seemed to go away. I had a good feeling about him, that he was good for her. He had cooked for us a few times, and every time he made something new. I always claimed each dish to be my new favorite meal. He is an amazing chef, and every day he became closer to owning his own restaurant.

I hadn't seen Liam since the ball; however, he called me every night and sent me messages throughout the day. I loved hearing from him and I didn't really know why. My heart would flutter every time I read his name on the bright screen of my phone, and when I heard his voice, my stomach erupted into butterflies. It's not that I fancy him, I just feel comfortable around him, and I liked talking to him, and I wanted to see him again because I missed him, as a friend.

I heard Niall's loud laughter downstairs in the kitchen followed by Kristina's hysterics as I got out of bed. My phone vibrated on the night stand as the screen light up. I couldn't stop a smile from spreading across my face when I read the message: We are going to a party tonight. Pick you up at 8:30 xx:)-Li. Liam never asked me to go anywhere, he just told me, and for some reason I was okay with that, because I trusted him. I was genuinely excided for tonight and although it was only 10:00a.m, I ran to the closet to pick out my outfit.

I laid out my selection on the bed and giddily ran down the steps to tell Kristina, and I guess Niall, of my news.

"Kristina!! Guess what?" I grabbed her hands and smirked biting my lip.

"What?" she said, as a curious smile crept across her face.

"I'm going to a party with Liam tonight!" We both let out a squeal as she threw her arms around me.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so excited for you! I want to help with your outfit!"

"oh, I already picked it out, but you can do my hair and makeup!"

"YAY!" she said clapping her hands together. We were acting like little girls that just found out they were going to Disney world.

We had completely forgotten that Niall was present until his chuckles erupted into full blown laughter. We both glared at him simultaneously. "Sorry, I… I just think you all are cute." he chuckled again. "Is there any chance that Kristina would be going to this party?"

"Um, I don't think so." I replied, then turned my head back  to Kristina. "If you want to come I'm sure you could. I'll just ask Li…"

"No, no," Niall cut me off. "I was actually wondering if Kristina wanted to go on a date with me." He looked at her for a reply.

"I'd love to Niall," she said with a huge grin plastered on her face.

His face lit up at her response and a tint of pink took over his cheeks. "Well I'll be back at 7 to pick you up," he said as he stood. "Bye," he said in a whisper through his enormous smile as he walked toward the door, looking over his shoulder at Kristina.

Once the door was closed behind him, Kristina's head hit my shoulder  "I'm in love! I'm in love!" she proclaimed as she threw her arms in the air keeping her head rested on my shoulder. I laughed at the teenager who had been shot by cupid's arrow.

"You are a goof-ball," I stated trying to contain my laughter. "Go take a shower," I nudged her. "You stink like maple syrup." Her laugh filled the room as she staggered toward the stairs.

***

I slipped on my jean shorts and turquoise v-neck that complemented the silver gladiators I had pulled out. I added a few touches of jewelry to my neck and wrist to spice up my casual outfit.

I turned my head from the mirror to look at Kristina and my jaw dropped. "You look beautiful," I said as I observed her flowing peach skirt paired with a silky, white tank. A yellow bubble necklace hung perfectly around her neck and her feet adorned the yellow wedges I had worn to the pub a while ago.

"Thanks," she said with a smile as she pulled out the edges of her long skirt looking down at he outfit. She looked back at me with a mischievous smirk on her face. "Time for your hair!" she said as she clapped her hands together. "Follow me." She led me into her room and motioned me to sit on her bed. She sat behind me and picked up the hot straightening iron.

She spent 40 minutes running the iron through my thick blonde hair before she said, "Finished! That didn't take me as long as usual." We had planned for my hair to take an hour, because it usually does.

I looked in the mirror at my straight blonde hair that possessed large curls, made from the hot tool, at the ends. My naturally curly lion mane was now styled beautifully stopping just beneath bra-line. "It looks beautiful!" I exclaimed to Kristina as I ran my fingers through the now silky hair that framed my face.

"I'm glad you like it! I personally think that style is your best look," she smirked. I agreed completely.

My light makeup was applied just before the door rang. We both made our way down the stair case to find out who's date would be waiting. I knew it would be Niall, because it was exactly 7, but part of me hoped Liam was an hour and a half early.

Niall's eyes locked on Kristina not even noticing I was present.

"Hi Niall," I said breaking the awkward silence.

"Oh, hey Lexi! I didn't even see you there." Figures.

"I'll see you later tonight," Kristina said over her shoulder with a smile and wink.

"Have fun you two," I said before locking the door behind them to find myself alone.

Surprisingly, time flew by as I watched the Spiderman movie that was playing on TV.

I jumped at the sound of knocking on the door, and without turning off the television, I ran to open it. Liam was wearing his famous leather jacket, and a classic white t-shirt adorned his torso. He smelled of the beautiful cologne that I loved so much. "You ready?" he asked.

My heart pounded as I nodded, and I followed him to his batmobile.

__________Author's Note__________________

Thank you all so much for reading! It means a lot to me:) Please comment suggestions and what you think, and please vote! The next chapter is going to be one of my favorites. Hopefully most of you will recognize the new characters from a fanfic favorite! Most of you are probably wondering what is going to happen with Andrew? What will happen when Lexi and Kristina have to go back to America? And does Niall get his pub? Stay tuned, because these will all be answered in the 1st book of the gem series: Sapphire. (p.s. sorry for any typos and spelling errors again! And in the author's note in the next chapter, I will announce the title of book 2!)