Chapter 19

I stared at the wall ahead of me, attempting to remember the past events until the sound of the door opening interrupted my thoughts. Without a word, a young female dressed in green scrubs came into the hospital room. She took my blood pressure, added some fluids to the IV, and pricked my finger to squeeze out necessary blood.

The woman walked back out the door without even giving me a second glance, only to be replaced by an older man dressed in a long, white lab coat.

"Hi Lexi, I'm Dr. Mirzian," he whispered. "How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts really bad," I admitted.

"Follow my finger with your eyes sweetie," he directed before moving his finger sided to side, forward and back. It hurt my head to follow his moving hand, but I didn't see how this action would clarify anything. "Well Miss Lexi, you are pretty banged up," he whispered again. "Your x-rays show you have a minor fracture to your skull, we now know you also have a concussion, and possibly retrograde amnesia. We asked you during the x-ray if you remembered anything from the incident, and you kept saying you were back in Kentucky, and whenever we mentioned Caitlin, you replied with 'her name's Kristina'. Don't jog your memory now though, I just need you to relax," he informed before giving me a smile and exiting the room once again.

I had no idea who he was talking about. Caitlin? Kristina I definitely knew. But back in Kentucky, when did I leave? Confusion took over me and I let tears fall down my cheeks. Why couldn't  I remember why I was in the hospital? Why didn't I know who this doctor was talking about? Why was some random guy sitting in the corner? My sobs grew louder and louder before the male in the corner slowly opened his eyes. I looked away from him, scared of who he was, but he ran quickly over to me and placed my hand in between his.

"Who are you?" my voice cracked.

"Lexi?" He questioned me.

"Please, I don't know what is going on. Who are you?" I asked letting tears fall from my eyes.

His hand gently cupped my face and pulled it in his direction. I saw his face for the first time, but avoided his eyes. I didn't recognize him. "You don't remember?" his husky yet somehow silky voice filled my throbbing head.

I shook my head left to right and instantly I saw tears rolling down his flawless cheekbones. "I'm sorry," I cried. I plunged my face into my hands and let the sobs out, the pain in my head becoming more and more excruciating.

"Lexi," he shakily said. "Look at me."

I remained in my position shaking as I let my hands fill with water.

"I love you."

I slowly lifted my head, and for the first time, my gaze met his. I stared deep into his chocolate brown eyes and watched my memories pour from his eyes in the from of salty droplets. My head flooded with everything. Him. Andrew. Caitlin. Louis. Zayn. Andy. Niall. Everything.

"Liam?" I asked pitifully, remembering everything we had been through. Knowing this was the man whom had the same tattoo as me, the man who took to the football game, the man whom had sung me my favorite song, the man whom I had begun to fall for. Liam.