Chapter 2

She paced the floor with her hands on her hips thinking of a solution. "Just let me call a cab and go over there and get it. It will only take me like 20 minutes tops." Kristina was persistent on getting my phone back immediately. However, she knew I would never let her go back out by herself, and I didn't want to be out this late.

"Kristina, it's to late we can look for it tomo.."

"NO!" she cut me off. "I feel terrible and I am going to find it now! It's only 12:30 I seriously don't think that club closes until sunrise."

"I don’t want either of us out of this apartment this late!" I sounded like a worried mother. "Someone probably turned it in. We will find it, I promise." It began to sound like she was the one with a missing phone.

The small silence that had been maintained for almost a minute was broken by the sound of music. Kristina reached for her phone and the mission impossible theme song was playing. That was my ringtone - I wanted the batman theme song but it was too short.- Why was my phone calling hers, I thought. But before I could ask out loud, Kristina beat me to it.

"I have no idea," I riposted. "Answer it."

She hesitantly slid her finger across the bottom of her iphone cautiously raising it to her ear. "Hello?" she said into the receiver. "Yeah… yes, she did, well actually I left it… yeah… umm how did you know to call me?… Ohh that’s smart… and uh what is your name?… Thanks Liam… there is a starbucks by the club we were at last night how about there? … 2:30 well, I can't because I have class but Lexi can, and it's her phone anyway… Thanks again." She hung up the phone and sighed with relief. "He is going to meet you tomorrow at 2:30 at the starbucks we saw near the club last night. Ohh and his name is Liam," she repeated the information to me as if she had been on mute during the whole telephone conversation.

"Thanks Kristina." I uttered. I really was worried that it was stolen. But the worry hasn't gone away. I have to go confront a mysterious male whom I know absolutely nothing about by myself. My heart was pounding, what would I say? I wasn't even sure if I remembered exactly what he looked like. What if my 1 o'clock class go out late and he left before I got there? What if this was a trick? What if I was going to end up like the girl in taken?

"LEXI!!" Kristina practically screamed. "What's wrong?" I hadn't realized that she had been calling my name while I was going through all that could go wrong tomorrow.

"Oh uh nothing," I lied. I was nervous and scared for this meeting.

"Oh calm down, the guy is harmless. If he was not a good guy, he probably would have just stolen your phone." she brought up a good point. Regardless of what was going on in my head, I wanted my phone back, and I was going to meet him or Liam I should say.

***

I woke up Monday morning at 12:00 still not over the jet lag. We had gotten here Saturday afternoon and our whole schedule of eating and sleeping had been throne off kilter. Kristina and I are best friends, we practically do everything together, and that’s why we're here. Our high school offered a summer program where we could go (from the end of May to the end of August) anywhere in the world if we took two experimental classes educating us on finance and money management once a week. How could we not take up this offer? So we chose London, England. My finance classes are at 1:00p.m. on Mondays, and my money management classes are at 9:00a.m. on Sundays. Waking up yesterday was a nightmare. Our rubric said that all we would learn in those classes would be how to do taxes, pay bills, and how to save money. It was simple, and they paid for us to live in England for 3 months.

I sat through my first finance class and I surprisingly learned something new. I glanced down at my watch and saw it was 2:00p.m. on the dot. I noticed my eating patterns were starting to adapt to the local eating time when my stomach growled. I had eaten lunch yesterday at 5:00p.m. and I expected to do the same today, but my stomach had a different plan. The starbucks was only 7 blocks away from my class. I pulled out my camera, feeling like a total tourist, and began to snap a photo every time I saw something different than what I was used to seeing everyday in my home state of Kentucky. A nice man offered to take a photo of me next to a sculpture that was really fascinating. I rounded the last corner and placed the camera back into my book bag.

Breathing hard, I walked in a straight line keeping my head down until I reached a glass door plastered with a green and white emblem that was recognized worldwide. I stepped in line and saw that they sold sandwiches and knew that was what I would be getting. I ordered a turkey sandwich and a frappiccino then found a table for two by the large glass wall. I began to pick the lettuce and tomato off of my sandwich when I heard someone behind me.

"You don't like veggies?" he questioned in a husky yet silky voice that completely captivated me.

"uhh no, I like some, I just don’t like any on my sandwiches. Are you um Liam?" I sounded like a little kid that didn't know how to formulate sentences. His appearance caught me by surprise. He was wearing a retro American flag t-shirt with the same leather jacket. The white band of his boxers that read "Calvin Klein" was visible above his dark-washed jeans. His chocolaty brown eyes were so easy to melt into when spotted, and his lips were pink and plump and parted exposing his perfectly small, square teeth. His jaw line perfectly accented his cheekbones, and I thought he must be a Greek god.

"I am," he said in his luscious voice. "You must be Lexi."