Chapter 14

I pondered his offer that seemed more like a command, and after staring into his deep, creamy brown eyes I gave in. "Oh… okay," I stuttered.

Liam walked over to me, his eyes never leaving mine. I could make out the tiny stubble beginning to appear on the bottom-half of his face. His left hand entangled in my blonde curls and his right arm pulled me even closer to his body. He didn't have to say anything for me to know what he was thinking. My eyes fluttered shut and Liam used his grip on my hair to tilt my head to the left, and he pressed his warm lips to the soft skin of my neck. His kiss lingered on my skin even after he pulled away. Our gazes locked and we stared deeply into each others eyes for almost a full minute allowing our gapes to be the only thing that communicated our feelings. Liam pressed his lips to mine slightly opening his mouth allowing his tongue to run against my bottom lip. Our kiss held passion. I felt my back hit a wall as Liam played with my curls, his lips never leaving mine. Our breath grew harder as Liam lifted my legs to wrap around his torso. My fingers were entangled in is short hair and I never wanted to let go of him. Liam let go of my legs allowing the wall to hold me up as he let our lips part. His hands found the hem of his shirt and lifted it above his head exposing 8 perfect squares on his torso that ended in a muscular 'V'. I delicately placed my hand on his chest and let my legs fall lightly to the floor. He understood my signal, and picked me up off of my feet allowing the cotton material that had previously hugged his body to hang over his shoulder.

This time, I let him hold me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head against his shoulder as he gracefully moved toward the spiral staircase. I was surprised how easily Liam climbed the stairs with me in his arms. When we reached the top, he set me on my feet and I began observing the messy sitting room with a large flat-screen TV as it's focus. Liam walked over to French-style glass doors and exposed his perfectly neat bedroom. The king-size bed was the focal point of the light grey/blue room. The grey bed-spread perfectly stretched across the large mattress and light blue and white throw pillows were neatly placed in front of the black headboard. A girl, probably his mother, had definitely decorated this place top to bottom. There was a lack of furniture, but everything represented the grey, black, white, and light blue theme. Liam had disappeared into the bathroom as I paced around the large room looking at the empty frames that sat on Liam's side tables. The red neon light of the alarm clock shone vibrantly, like lasers, the numbers 1:26p.m.

Liam emerged the bathroom in a pair of cloth shorts that barely passed his knees and nothing to cover the rock-hard squares on his stomach. I noticed something black on his side that his arm draped over to conceal, and my curiosity got the best of me. "What is that?" I asked pointing at him.

"What?"

"Under your arm? That black mark?" I squinted as if it would help me make out what the mark was.

"Oh, my tattoo." He lifted his arm to expose the Yin and Yang symbol on the side of his ribs. "Its for my parents. They have such a strong and fantastic relationship. They are like Yin and Yang, they can't be separated." I gaped at the way his face lit up as he talked about his parents. "I want a relationship exactly like theirs," he flashed me a smile before realizing a tear was creeping out of my eye. I tried to hold it back, but I couldn't, many tears began to roll down my cheeks but my face held a smile. "What's wrong?" Liam asked with sincerity.

I said nothing, but ripped my shirt and tank off leaving my bra to be the only thing left on my upper-body, then lifted my arm showing Liam the white ink on the left side of my ribs. My white-ink Yin and Yang tattoo was a little smaller and lower than his, but essentially it was in the same spot. "I got mine for the exact same reason," I whispered as I wiped the salty droplets away from my cheeks.

Liam said nothing, but handed me what appeared to be a t-shirt and shorts for me to sleep in. He used his index finger to tilt my chin up so my eyes made contact with his. His eyes were now wet and a small bead of water floated down his flawless face. "You're perfect," he whispered before lightly placing his lips against mine.

I hugged the articles of clothing tightly to my chest as I savored the touch of Liam's large, warm hands on my bare  back as he kissed me, and I relished how his beautiful, creamy eyes glistened when his tears spilt over the ledge of his lower-lid. I could taste a salty drop of water on my lips when Liam pulled away, and I wondered if this had been a tear that fell from my own tear duct or Liam's. I didn't understand why he was crying, but I figured it was for the same reason I was. I was crying because the man in front of me has so much respect and admiration for the most influential human beings in his life, and he recognizes how important love is. He doesn't throw relationships in the trash, and it's nice to know there is someone else out there, that wants the same things I do. The tears of joy fell because… he understands love, and most people do not.

I strode into the bathroom, bearing a large grin on my face, to slip on the large Calvin Klein boxers he lent me and a yellow, southern tide shirt that hung loosely around my body, falling mid-thigh.

I quickly brushed my teeth with my finger and used the bar of soap sitting beside the sink to cleanse my face before emerging from the bright bathroom into the poorly-lit bedroom. Liam was sprawled out on the bed, and when he heard me come in, he quickly propped himself up on his elbows and flashed me a cheeky grin.

"You like southern tide?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Andy got it for me when he went to America," he chuckled. "He thought, it would look good on me."

"I bet it would," I looked at the floor and I could feel the red creep into my cheeks.

"It looks better on you." I looked up at the mysterious male and a smirk was plastered to his face as he looked me up and down. "Come here," he said as he patted the space on the bed next to him.

I pranced over to the large mattress and allowed myself to slide under the covers next to him. Once we were both under the covers, Liam wrapped his strong arm around my front and pulled me against his toned body. Liam pressed his warm lips to my ear and lightly brushed my hair to the side. "Goodnight my beautiful sapphire," he whispered.

"Goodnight Liam," I replied feeling heat grow in my cheeks. I allowed myself to drift off into a deep, peaceful sleep next to the man whom I was beginning to develop feelings for, the man whom intrigued me, the man whom called me his Sapphire.