Meant to be

{Laura POV}

"Taylor! Can you just talk to me!?" I yelled

"Do I really have to?" She shot back

"At least have the decency to look at me. I'm trying to have a conversation with you!"

"I don't have time for this-"

"You never have time for anything anymore! Not ever since that night" I cut her off

Taylor gave me the death glare,
"Maybe because I've been busy with actual things"

"So, what? I'm nothing to you?" I keep getting frustrated

"I don't need this right now, goodbye Laura" she said as she tried to walk away

Pulling her back I say,
"When will you have time? You always seemed to have time for me-"

She cut me off,
"That isn't true, that's ridiculous"

"Really? Because you sure made the time to go all the way to New Jersey with no problems"

Taylor just stared at me. I shouldn't have said that, that was too far.

"I went there because I thought I was doing the right thing! Not for you or for Carrie or for anyone else! I did that for me. And may I just say..."
She stared me down so hard, I was beginning to grow frightened
"I wish I had never came to you that night"

Taylor's face was as cold as her voice. She was intimidating. It was actually kind of scary. Taylor walked off with her anger leaving a trail of regrets behind her.

"Shit" was all I could think to say on the spot.

I went home from there. It wasn't far from my home. I just ran into Taylor when she was on one of her jogs so I thought I would stop her. I pulled her to a private corner and all of that happened. I don't know why she won't talk to me. Is she embarrassed because of what she told me? She shouldn't be. And I'm not mad at her for any of it.

I go home disappointed that I didn't get anything out of Taylor...once again. I just watch television and go on my phone for the entire day. When I had nothing else to do I started thinking. Thinking of ways to get Taylor to listen or possible theories as to why she's upset. I can think of a thousand different stories, none of them were good enough. I needed to hear Taylor speak the truth in front of me.

I spring off my couch and don't even care that I'm in my pajamas. I'm going to drive to Taylor's place and get some answers. The drive was quick considering I was speeding, I needed to know as soon as possible. Once I got there I got out of my car and slowly started to hesitate up to the door.

It was a decent sized, white house with a brown door in the front. I pass a window right before I get to the door and I peak in to see if she's still awake. I look in and see Taylor sitting on the floor. She kind of looked sad but from this angle it was hard to see. She also had a bottle of wine in her hands. Shit, Taylor only drinks alone when she's upset.

A burst of energy hits me and I don't even bother knocking on the door. I run straight into her house, closing the door behind me, and running over to drunk Tay.

"Wha- what are you doing here?" She slurred

"Taylor, I came to talk to you" I said helping her up

"You can not just walk into my home. you are not welcomed. Get out" she said stumbling towards me

"Taylor we need to talk-"

"Get out!" She yelled

"No. We are going to have a conversation. No more of this running away from your problems bullshit." I say firmly