As long as you're here

{Taylor's POV}
The scent of cinnamon-vanilla is so breathtaking. I embrace it while I have it. And the texture of soft silk with the sound of light breathing. Every second of it was a heaven, I never wanted to leave. I love this. I love her, she is the best thing that has happened to me. I love waking up to touching her skin. I hug her tighter and she returns the favor. I didn't know she was awake so I guess I should say something.

"Good morning beautiful" I said sweetly as I look up at her face.

"Back at ya, sleeping beauty" Laura giggles.

I sit up quickly, unaware that it was her who I had woken up upon. But why did it feel so natural? I enjoyed being on her. She was so comfortable, in more than one way. I drop the idea quickly and start the conversation up again.

"Sorry, I didn't realize I was still here...like at your house" I try to sound as polite as I could.

"Yea, you fell asleep on the couch and then on me so I didn't bother to wake you. You looked so cute when you were sleeping" Laura's deep voice said

"Thank you for noticing how cute I am" I blush

"And thank you for noticing how beautiful I am" I blush as she says that

"Well you are and it's not like I'm gonna lie"

There was a nice pause in the air for a second. The sound of light breathing and finger twirling filled the room. I didn't know what to say, well I did, but I just didn't know how, so I stayed quiet.

"Does breakfast sound good to you?" Laura finally broke the silence

"Sounds great. I didn't eat much yesterday" I say relieved

Laura leads me into the kitchen and as I follow my phone buzzes. I take it out discreetly so she won't think I'm being rude. I notice a text from Carrie that read:

Hey babe, so I was wondering if you had plans tonight. I thought we could maybe go out, I might even have a surprise for you ;)

A surprise did not sound as satisfying then a day on the couch with Laura. I don't knwow what to respond and I can't be seen with my phone so I excuse myself to her restroom.
I read the text once more and thought about what to send. I didn't want to leave Carrie in the dust but I also didn't want to leave Laura. Lying also was not an option so I just told her the truth. Not the truth about me -maybe- liking Laura, but the truth about having a lot on my mind and that it probably isn't the best that I don't go out tonight. So I sent that without any hesitation and turned my phone off. I felt good that I didn't lie to Carrie but that didn't loosen the fact that I still can't shake this feeling about Laura.
I finish in the bathroom with a fake flush and I washed my hands. I walk out and back towards the kitchen, that was around the corner, to see Laura preparing blueberry waffles with warm chocolate milk. The scent of blueberry was so thick in the air that I could already taste it. I nearly stumbled to a stool at the breakfast bar and fainted at the sight of 3 perfectly molded waffles stacked on a miniature plate.

"For me?" I said hopefully

"Of course silly, you are my guest after all" Laura said as she slowly and carefully drizzled the syrup onto the waffles

"They look...and smell amazing!" I said, barely getting the words past my drool

"Well they're just for you, so eat up" she smiles and laces the plate down in front of me. I dive into the food, all the way up to my wrists. It all just tatsed so good, I couldn't get enough. Laura laughed at the way I ate it all. I laughed in return because I know I probably look ridiculous. Once I finished I cleared my plate and Laura invited me back over to her couch.

"So do you have any plans today?" She asked

"No, thankfully. I am too tired to do anything else. I just want to relax all day" I say exhausted

"Luckily for you, I had plans to do the same thing" she said invitingly

"I don't think I could stay here another day, I don't want to intrude-" she immediately cut me off

"Nope. Stop right there. Put your butt right here next to me"

"And if I don't?" I say teasing and playfully

"Then I'm gonna have to get up and come get you" she said slowly standing and making her way towards the end of the couch, where I was

"oh yea?" After I said that I bolted as fast as I could in my slippery socks. Laura chased me threw her living room and towards her kitchen. As I was about to grab the door knob I was hoping she would pull me back and stop me from leaving. I slowed down enough without being obvious and before I knew it she yanked me back swiftly. I was now I'm her grasp and we both laughed. In fact we couldn't stop laughing.

"You are not going anywhere as long as I am here. We need to make the most of our time before I leave to go with my family" her voice sounded so sexy

"As long as you're here, I'm right next to you" I almost died of embarrassment trying to say that because after I said it, I had realized what I said. She pulled me in for a warm, lasting hug. I wish I could stay like this forever. And be with you forever.
Ugh. I instantly felt guilt throughout my entire body because as soon as I thought about forever with Laura, and how amazing that would be, I remembered that I have a girlfriend. Shit. Laura must have also felt me tense up because she squeezed me tighter and spoke softly;

"Hey, you alright?"

I stop myself from saying anything. I think about what to say. I can't really just blurt out: hey, I'm in love with you but I also got this girlfriend on my shoulder so yea, how was your day? So I just calmly speak:

"yea I'm fine. I'm just gonna miss you when you're gone, that's all"

And at that moment she pulled me in for another hug. This one was better than the last. The spark, the energy, the looks of it, it was all right, it all felt right. That perfect thought was rudely interrupted by Laura's tender voice:

"Wait, what about Carrie? I don't want to stop you from seeing her"

I pull away to look her in the eyes
"You aren't. I have no plans with her and when you leave then she'll have me all to herself, but until then, I'm all yours"

Laura shined her beautiful smile at me and we fell. Fell into each other's eyes, fell into each others arms, fell into each other. We both fell for each other